PDA

View Full Version : Female Betta Questions...

SpaceBison
01-14-2009, 02:30 AM
Ok... AA got a female betta for his tank. Then my mom wanted a female betta. So we put it in AA's tank with his other betta. Then we noticed that his was chasing my mom's. So in my 29g I have a angel and some ottos. Could I put the female betta in my 29g? If not I have a 10g with a male betta and some cories. Could I put the female with the male? :help:

dancethenparty
01-14-2009, 02:33 AM
they are delvoping a pecking order. i recommand you get another one that way one won't be constanly picked on. and they will work it out eventually and stop if you get a another i've been told. no do not put it with the male. i don't think you can put it with angel either. but i don't really know about the angel.

SpaceBison
01-14-2009, 02:39 AM
Ok, that's perfect because AA is going to get another betta. Its a 30g

invadertoast
01-14-2009, 02:39 AM
What size tank are they in? I agree with the above post - You need a group of them so they can work out a pecking order, otherwise someone will always be picked on.

invadertoast
01-14-2009, 02:41 AM
Awesome, if you've got the room I'd get two or three more. I have five and there are zero aggression issues, plus they're a very fun fish to have :)

SpaceBison
01-14-2009, 02:44 AM
Ok, I'll tell him that. But do you know about get one or a few with my angel?

mac
01-14-2009, 02:48 AM
Female Bettas do have a pecking order, which will soon sort it self out. The best thing to do is to get another or even more than one ASAP. As for keeping them with the Angel I see no problem at all. The Females are quite okay with large fish like these. MIne did fine with a Angle, tell I started, now for give me moved three females in with a male.

Yes I know a lot of people say no to male female. And I have to agree with them. But not on every occasion. You can find females and males which get on great. You have to take your time and study things out. Mine are great and they have been together for about 1 and a but years. No problems as of yet.

Hope things go good for you.

mac

SpaceBison
01-14-2009, 02:55 AM
So how many bettas should I get with my angel? And I getting some tetras too. So also consider that.

mac
01-14-2009, 03:01 AM
So how many bettas should I get with my angel? And I getting some tetras too. So also consider that.

For me I would get about 5+. Just take your time and watch them carefully. And choose the most quiet ones they have.

As for the Tetras there should not be any bother.

mac

SpaceBison
01-14-2009, 03:04 AM
Alright that will be perfect.

AABatteries
01-14-2009, 03:06 AM
Okay, my tank is near the stocking limit, so I'll probably only get one more, I have my eye on this one. Its blue and dark gray with light gray stripes. And if I see another, I'll probably get it.

I'll be putting on a seeded Whisper 60 and putting the 30 on the tank the 60 is coming from. This is to keep my water at a good quality since the bio-load will be at the limit.

SpaceBison
01-14-2009, 03:21 AM
Well, how many bettas should I get at one time? Should I get 1-2 one day or all 5-6 the same day?

invadertoast
01-14-2009, 03:42 AM
It's best to introduce them all at once so no single fish gets a territory advantage, but honestly I've introduced single females to several that had been in the tank a long time and had absolutely no problems... but it could be that I've been lucky and get really, really mellow females.

kacourt
01-14-2009, 04:35 AM
Thanks for posting! We have been eyeing these cute little fish.

SpaceBison
01-14-2009, 09:16 PM
Well, I think I'm just going to keep the 1 I have in the tank right now. Yeah, I put my mom's one in my 29g and that's all I'm going to get.