PDA

View Full Version : Betta Bits?

bubble_bee
02-01-2007, 07:06 AM
Hey all!

I've just started feeding my bettas betta bits (little hard balls that swell up in the water) every once in a while. However, I was wondering if anyone thinks that they're unsafe? I fed my newest boy a couple last night and he gobbled them up before they had softened in the water at all. After that little "crunching" sounds kept coming from him. Do you think it's possible that the bit got stuck in this throat? And if so, do you think it could have done any damage?

Thanks!

f1oored
02-01-2007, 07:14 AM
I think he is going to be alright. My betta never waits for his bits to soften up and he's been eating them for months now. The crunching sound is a little odd but I wouldn't worry about it too much. Remember he only needs a few of those each day. Don't overfeed him because he will eat whatever you put in the water.

bubble_bee
02-03-2007, 12:10 AM
sounds good...Thanks!!

AquaQueen
02-03-2007, 12:25 AM
I would just keep an eye on your betta to be sure. I hope he is ok. Every fish in my house but my betta likes the betta bits!!

What's wrong with my betta he don't like the betta bits? He only likes plankton, flakes, and the tetra color crumbles...oh and he picked off a few guppies we placed in my tank for a night because they were ones we wanted to keep and breed in another tank....that didn't happen...I should have known but I thought they would hide and be fine...Whoops lol

Glasstapper
02-03-2007, 10:13 AM
my betta does the exact same thing. he gets two bits in the morning and two at night, and he just gulps and crunches them down in a flash. It's perfectly normal, but keep in mind they will swell in his belly, so just a couple of bits is perfect.