PDA

View Full Version : Brackish?

cer
01-13-2009, 01:09 AM
What brackish fis can go in a 50/65 gallon tank?

Fishalicious
01-13-2009, 01:25 AM
how about some Orange Chromide - Etroplus maculatus if you like cichlids? - i think the bigger variety Etroplus suratensis may be too big.

there are some lovely larger puffers also

Scatophagus argus are lovely fish (my neighbour had them) they are not huge swimmers so i believe a pair could fit in that size tank

there are also Monodactylus argenteus but as they are more of a group animal i think a 75 gallon would be better

Many toxotes archerfish are also brackish

There are several kinds of gobies that love brackish - the Stigmatogobius sadanundio is lovely as well as of course the little bumblebee's

Mollies are another common brackish fish...

hope some of these fish 'tickle' your fancy :11:

cer
01-13-2009, 08:53 PM
Would they fit in my tank?

Fishalicious
01-13-2009, 09:32 PM
obviously not all of them at once :hmm3grin2orange:

but all the ones listed would be ok in a 65 gallon... see which ones are available and which ones are compatible

cer
01-13-2009, 10:25 PM
I like the archerfish.

Dragon cqzzzzz<
02-04-2009, 11:40 PM
Before anybody even mentions it, a violet (dragon) goby is too big. Just wanted to prevent something that could have been bad.

That would be big enough for mudskippers, but you would have to lower the water level and provide land areas, which would further limit your options for other fish.
I think the common ones (archers, monos, scats) are too big.
In another thread about brackish fish for a 10 gal, I just posted a reply. Any fish that is good for a 10 gallon tank is also suitable for 55-65 gallons. Just make sure you are keeping only fish that are compatible.