PDA

View Full Version : Shimp help update

Sorceress
01-12-2009, 09:28 PM
had water tested today

amonia .25
nitrite 0
nitrate 2.5 ppm
ph 7.9 = was told by pet store nothing can be done due to where i live has high ph except use bog wood and plants
kh 10

only one shrimp left
put in a mystery snail and a bog wood with what i'll call a shrimp plant as i forgot to ask for the name of the plant

is this good water parameters send the tetra crisps home with friend as he closer to richmond bc pet store and i cannot get into the store as car is still non drivable

also found out due to the ph of my area's water no betta unless i move lol

troy
01-12-2009, 09:47 PM
There shouldn't be any ammonia in your tank. I doubt your nitrates are 2.5 ppm.

terrapin24h
01-12-2009, 09:51 PM
shrimp and all inverts are 100% intolerant of ammonia, nitrite, and even too much nitrate. You must get the ammonia to 0. With shrimp, i'm not even sure if an ammonia neutralizer will help. Also, you need to fgure out why your ammonia has spiked, do you have any ideas? that would help us guide you if you knew what was causing the spike

--chris

Sorceress
01-12-2009, 10:08 PM
i did change over to geo gravel substrate on the 2nd pet store said that could have an effect on the spike

and that what the store wrote down also the amonia test was kinda hard to read it was a light yellow and with there chart in low light it looked about .o5 so they went with the higher reading

nitrates where probably high as i just did water change on sat this is farming country where i live

will be getting a before and after water test when i change the filters in feb

troy
01-12-2009, 10:13 PM
Actually those nitrates are very low.

Sorceress
01-12-2009, 10:44 PM
ok thanks for the update on the nitrates i did add a bog wood with a mystery plant today will get water tested again when i go into town on the 3rd of feb as the only local fish store is not even close to me and i have a sick car that i cannot afford to fix right now
and i got friend coming down on the 3rd today was a fluke the friend came down today