PDA

View Full Version : figure 8 puffer

wezel815
01-12-2009, 05:03 PM
My gf just brought home A figure 8 puffer. fairly cute little guy(assuming male) and active too. having krill on hand she didnt buy food for it. its freeze dried and fairly new. no expiration date on the bottle.
my cichlids will eat it no problem but this little puffer hasnt ate it two days and im getting worried
any suggestions

Northernguy
01-12-2009, 05:15 PM
Got any snails!
They need those in their diet.
This might help http://badmanstropicalfish.com/articles/article83.html

Is it in with any other fish?

rageybug
01-12-2009, 06:23 PM
Both FW and SW puffers are very picky and take a while to adjust to a new tank. I would not panick and give it a few more days to settle in to the new tank. If it still won't eat after that, try digging up an earthworm from your garden/lawn and cut it up. I've never met a puffer that won't eat a worm! If the ground is frozen where you are, you may get some from a bait shop.

On a side note, are you using brackish water?

rageybug
01-12-2009, 06:24 PM
Both FW and SW puffers are very picky and take a while to adjust to a new tank. I would not panick and give it a few more days to settle in to the new tank. If it still won't eat after that, try digging up an earthworm from your garden/lawn and cut it up. I've never met a puffer that won't eat a worm! If the ground is frozen where you are, you may get some from a bait shop.

On a side note, are you using brackish water?

I just sat that you are in Illinois.... ground is frozen, sorry.

wezel815
01-12-2009, 10:18 PM
yeah its w a small bumblebee cichlid and some grey cichlid. it just bobs around in the tank and stops once in awhile to look around but thats it. he even kinda smelled on that i waved in front of his face but nothing.