PDA

View Full Version : Blue Knight Crayfish and Fish

freshwaterfishlover
01-31-2007, 07:48 PM
I always thought that nothing can go in a Crayfish tank. I have a blue Knight Crayfish in a 20Gallon and I read online that it is ok to put fish in a Blue Knight Crayfish tank. What is your guys exsperience? I was thinking 10 Corys with the Cray(3 Bronze cory, 3 Lepard cory and 4 Albino Cory). Also I would forsure heavly plant the tank with real and fake plants.

cocoa_pleco
02-01-2007, 03:12 AM
I had one with my cories and he always tried to catch em. Try only fast fish with crayfish

freshwaterfishlover
02-01-2007, 03:33 AM
What I read online is Blue Knight Crayfish are slow and will be to slow to catch any fish.

Was it a Knight Crayfish? what size tank did you have? Also you only had one?

Drumachine09
02-01-2007, 03:33 AM
Ive got another onesided opinon, feel free to try to prove me wrong, but the only place crayfish belong is on my plate with butter.

freshwaterfishlover
02-01-2007, 03:38 AM
Yes but, fish, Shrimp, frogs, clams and Crabs also belong on the plate

Drumachine09
02-01-2007, 03:40 AM
Yes but, fish, Shrimp, frogs, clams and Crabs also belong on the plate

HEAR HEAR!!!thumbs2:

cocoa_pleco
02-01-2007, 04:11 AM
Ive had the knight crayfish, ( I DIDNT EVER THINK ABOUT EATING HIM UNLIKE SOME PEOPLE!!!) lol, just kiddin, and electric blues. The electrics are fast and are fast hunters, but knights may be okay with midlevel to top level fish, not lower IN MYOPINION. IT often depends

:4:

genitor
02-28-2007, 04:39 AM
I had a blue-knight that would try to catch anything that moves. It actually caught one of my 2" silver dollars, and silver dollars are fast. I think it all depends on the individual crayfish.

kenyth
03-10-2007, 07:13 PM
You can use orthodontic rubber bands to keep his large claws impotent. If you don't like the look of rubber bands, you can also use super glue gel and take off the rubber bands when it dries. The cruel method I've heard used is to remove their claws (they grow back).

Locking their claws shut may be effective and not affect their eating, but I still think it's a bit inhumane. Better to just call them a bad community tank inhabitant and not put them in there to begin with.

cocoa_pleco
03-10-2007, 07:25 PM
banding is mean. Its like someone banding out fingers together and all we can use is our palms.