PDA

View Full Version : whats going on?

themikeyman
01-31-2007, 07:13 AM
Ok now im getting confused.. These pictures which i posted happens to be the same fish. I posted a question here a few weeks back about the subject. Ok you guys might think im just lying trying to start up some weird topic.. but this is very true.. and it vry much is the same fish in every picture. This change took place over the course of around 3 or 4 months. This last picture where the fish is nearly all yellow is the most recent. I went for a holiday for jsut over a week around 9 days. It was at that half stage where stripes were still visible. When i came back it looked like that nearly all yellow.
My friend who gave it too me said it was a Red Devil but he wasnt too sure.. so i asked otehr people and i was told it was a barred Midas.
Well.. it no longer has these stripes/bars so im starting to believe maybe it was a Red Devil all along. Can anyone confirm this.
im jsut thinking whats next.. will it be completely yellow.. Hmmm..

crackatinny
01-31-2007, 08:36 AM
Going on this article, I would say a female barred midas, it says in here that they can colour morph, easy to see how they can be taken for a red devil

http://www.tropicalresources.net/phpBB2/fish_profiles_citrinellus.php

themikeyman
01-31-2007, 09:45 AM
Ohh wow that clears up a lot of things thanks for that. Thats awesome.

crackatinny
01-31-2007, 09:47 AM
No worries:thumb: , had me curious so I had a look through google.

themikeyman
01-31-2007, 10:07 AM
I jsut read that article and that venting thing caught my eye. The vent is visible on the MIdas but it looks alot like the male one its more pointy and sharp. I also understand that all species or most species of cichlids can be identified in this way. And it looks like i might have two female Oscars which paired up.. But they have become really agressive lately and are doing the whole mating thing.. eg. Cleaning and defending a slate rock, digging up gravel chasing the other fish away, tail slapping flaring.. everything.. Ahh well.. it would have been awesome to breed oscars.