PDA

View Full Version : When does a post become "old" and no longer editable?

piper_chuck
01-07-2009, 06:41 PM
At what point do posts change from being modifiable by the original poster to being old and can only be edited by a moderator? My reason for asking is I added some pictures to a post either yesterday or today and now that some people have had a chance to see them, I'd like to remove them to save bandwidth for people who might read the thread via a dial connection. I found that the edit button doesn't seem to be available and the post has an old icon in the upper left corner.

piper_chuck
01-07-2009, 06:42 PM
Hmmm, seems the old icon is meaningless, it shows up in the post I just made. Appears to be related to read vs unread. However, the edit button is there in the posts in this thread, but not in posts from earlier today..

Wild Turkey
01-07-2009, 07:16 PM
You can edit posts up to 15 minutes after the fact. You can also delete them by going edit/go advanced

piper_chuck
01-08-2009, 11:03 AM
15 minutes? Ouch. :ssuprised: All the other sites I'm active on users can edit for at least a month or two.

Lady Hobbs
01-08-2009, 11:08 AM
The posts remain here. Only time a thread is deleted if there is a problem of some type. People are joining every day and want to read some of those posts and see the pictures so what may be old to the people here today will not be old to those who join in the next month.

As long as your pictures are sized decently, people should have no problem.

piper_chuck
01-08-2009, 11:47 AM
The pics aren't too big, I shrunk them to a reasonable size before posting. I'm just surprised that it's not possible to make corrections after the fact. I'll keep that in mind for future posts.

TowBoater
01-08-2009, 12:51 PM
After posting always re-read what you post and make sure that is what you want because that is the only time you will have to make changes.

Wild Turkey
01-08-2009, 02:08 PM
After posting always re-read what you post and make sure that is what you want because that is the only time you will have to make changes.

VERY good advice. You should see some of the slop that flows from my fingers before a proofread.

Harls
01-09-2009, 02:32 PM
yeah i agree wild turkey!
Harls

Lady Hobbs
01-09-2009, 02:55 PM
Notice you reread and see no mistakes but the next day they fly right up in your face. :)