PDA

View Full Version : Wannabe punk goldfish?????

Demi ^_^
01-06-2009, 11:40 PM
Ok, I have 5 Feeder goldfish in my 22G long to keep it cycled (They are only tiny and they will be released in a pond out back when I have decided on my permanent fish)

I also have 1 Fantail Goldfish in their, which my mum bought for my brother not knowing that they got huge aswel - so yup, into my 22g he went to and he will also be released when the otehrs are..

Now, onto the point :11:

The fantail goldfish [Spike] had a thick black stripe from its head to its tail when we bought him and all teh feeders were a plain, dull silver. Today I noticed that one of the feeders has GROWN A BLACK STRIPE DOWN ITS SPINE!!!!

Exacly like the fancy goldfish!!! What the???!!!

Does he want to turn punk or something?

He NEVER used have anythning CLOSE to a stripe and now he has the same thick black stripe as Spike!!!!

What the??!! Can anyone explain this behaviour or have I just got one goldfish who had ther power to turn punk and grow a mohauk LOL

Sharon
01-07-2009, 12:51 AM
thumbs2: thumbs2: thumbs2: Sounds cool!

Mvjnz
01-07-2009, 01:10 AM
Goldfish often change colour throughout their lives, but I've never heard of them copying another fish:)

Demi ^_^
01-07-2009, 01:40 AM
Its so wierd though! Like it is the exact marking... Right from the head to the tail.... 0_o

troy
01-07-2009, 01:42 AM
Is the pond your talking about on your own property? If not don't let them go there.

Demi ^_^
01-07-2009, 03:24 AM
Yes the pond is on our own property :)))

Its HUGE! So we often call it the dam LOL

Although we were considering giving the Fancy goldfish to a friend-neighbour down the road who has a huge planted pond full of other fancies. Would it be bad to take the Fancy down their?

The woman who owns the pond is very lovely and loves her goldfish, so I think it would be paradise for the fancy..

Northernguy
01-07-2009, 06:25 AM
If its her pond and it doesn't flow out anywhere than why not!

saix88
02-19-2009, 02:56 PM
Feeders don't make good cycling fish, they may be cheap but they can often carry disease.

cocoa_pleco
02-19-2009, 11:25 PM
old thread