PDA

View Full Version : Moss Walls

Scruffeh
01-06-2009, 10:24 PM
I've been reading a little lately and I've seen a couple of topics on creating a wall of moss along the back of the tank. Is this possible or would it ruin my filtration? Any step-by-step tut would be great! I already know I'm going put some moss on my driftwood and let it grow, but maybe a moss wall would be cool too? I'll probably end up painting the back of my tank black anyway, so the green would look nice in front of the black.

Fishalicious
01-06-2009, 10:48 PM
as long as you have no moss nibbling fish it can look really lovely

http://fishaliciousfish.blogspot.com/2007/08/moss-moss-moss-i-love-moss-moss.html

Wild Turkey
01-06-2009, 10:53 PM
Agreed! they look great and u shouldnt have a problem, u may just end up removing some strands of moss from your filter occasionally.

Jeez Jess ur blog has everything! :D

Fishalicious
01-06-2009, 11:49 PM
just like me wild turkey <winks> :11: lol

it saves me writing answers hehehehe

the great way about this method is it is attached with suction cups..so you can remove it to clean it under the tap now and again if the moss get's gunky with mulm.

Brookfish
01-07-2009, 12:27 AM
Great article Jess and your blog is quality, great job.thumbs2:

betta_Mike
01-22-2009, 08:01 PM
Moss walls are awesome but I advise closely examining size of the holes in the mesh screen you purchase. The roll I bought had too small of holes for java moss to grow through effectively and it just bunched up rather than creating the awesome wall effect. I've taken it out for now but hope to try another one soon. best of luck!!!

edit Jan 22: Didn't realize fishalicious' blog specifies 8mm!!

veriberi13
02-22-2009, 08:07 PM
awww i love the little moss walls. It makes your aquarium look so... natural.

Alfcea
02-22-2009, 08:37 PM
Just a comment.... a member of this had an accident with his moss wall and lost a few fish... you have to be very careful...

EDIT. http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=28181&highlight=moss+wall+tragedies