PDA

View Full Version : Sick African Dwarf Frog!

Nicole
01-28-2006, 05:56 PM
I have a 40gallon community tank that i started in november. I only have four fish so far and one frog. I got him about a week and a half ago and he was fine until this morning. He is trying to swim but he ends up not going very far or turning himself over and not moving. He was floating a the top of the tank for a while but now he is struggling at the bottom. He is his usually color and looks fine exept for the swimming. I am new at owning fish and this is my first tank and first sick frog. What do i need to do?

William
01-28-2006, 08:27 PM
Start by waiting one day and se if it corrects itself. From your describtion it can be that it swallod some air. If it is so it should fix itself soon.

Let me know if it still isn't good tomorrow and we look for other possible problems.

Cindy
10-03-2006, 06:23 PM
Hi, I am new here but have these frogs too. I was told to keep them in smaller tanks so that they do not have to swim too far up for air. Good luck.

sheena12
10-21-2006, 10:23 PM
Hi.
Floating at the top is normal they are lazy little buggers and sometimes don't feel like making the long swim up to the top :) I have a 15 gallon with 4 dwarf frogs 3 apple snails and a pleco and i find that after I have fed them they have a harder time getting to the top as they are pigs and eat till there fat and sometimes they just swim halfway up and give up, so don't worry to much I think this is pretty normal behavior.