PDA

View Full Version : Bat Man "Dark Knight"

smaug
01-04-2009, 07:56 PM
My wife and I finally saw this so called blockbuster on pay per view on sat eve.Wow,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,thats what I got to say.How in the name of Pete did this movie sell so many copies Ill never know.I know,I know,,,,,,,,,,,Ill bet I'm in the minority,so be it.It sucked.Heath Ledger should have stuck with portraying a confused cowboy ,and what the heck is up with that voice batman uses,geez,get a cough drop.The only decent job of acting I saw in it was Gary Oldman and Morgan Freedman.WhooWheee,I dodged the bullet not paying to see it in a theater at any rate.

oldhead
01-04-2009, 08:02 PM
Yeah I was a little thrown off by Batman's dark voice. But all in all the storyline was great in my opinion. I also thought that Heath nailed the joker pretty well. I think you may be the first person that I've heard say they didn't like it. Wonder what the 3rd one will be like...

Rue
01-04-2009, 08:02 PM
I didn't like it either. We did see it at the theatre - had a family movie night out!

But I thought maybe I'm just not enough of a Batman fan to appreciate it...

The movie just didn't make sense to me...I can tolerate so-so acting more than I can a bad script...

smaug
01-04-2009, 08:21 PM
Yeah I was a little thrown off by Batman's dark voice. But all in all the storyline was great in my opinion. I also thought that Heath nailed the joker pretty well. I think you may be the first person that I've heard say they didn't like it. Wonder what the 3rd one will be like...
I liked the first one with Bale as batman,I was put off totally by the total over the top tech scenes.Such as getting a fingerprint off of a fragmented bullet.Im prejudiced against other actors as joker,nobody will ever be as good as Nicholson.

Fishalicious
01-04-2009, 08:23 PM
i loved the other batman films - unfortunately i didn't enjoy this one either. only good thing was bale - drooooooool

smaug
01-04-2009, 08:25 PM
i loved the other batman films - unfortunately i didn't enjoy this one either. only good thing was bale - drooooooool
Down girl!!!You wouldnt want to hurt your other arm:18:

Fishalicious
01-04-2009, 08:28 PM
ooooh it would be soooo worth it though smaug - grins

smaug
01-04-2009, 08:30 PM
ooooh it would be soooo worth it though smaug - grins
Incorrigible:ssuprised:

Fishalicious
01-04-2009, 08:32 PM
hey it's christian bale!!!!!!!!!

smaug
01-04-2009, 08:34 PM
hey it's christian bale!!!!!!!!!
Did you see him in Reign of fire?More of a manly man in that one.

Fishalicious
01-04-2009, 08:35 PM
i'll take him in whatever he is in :hmm3grin2orange:

oops better go back on topic before hobbs comes after me with the wooden spoon :11:

Tigerbarb
01-04-2009, 08:38 PM
I've liked batman for quite a while, and I thought the "Dark Night" was great.
I think I know exactly why some people dis-liked the movie. They put in the movie/entered the theater expecting to see their old friend from the comic books. However, this movie was a transition from the old comic book batman we all know and love, to Hollywood's dark night. The Nicholson Batman movie was still not much different from the old comic books. It's kind of like when the show MASH changed it's cast from the original cast to the cast with Hunnicut and Potter;The show's not really better or worse, IMO, it's just... different, and it will be dis-liked by those who do not want to make that change, and liked by those who do.
The thing most people can't seem to stop talking about here is how great Heath was as the Joker. I think the actors were all chosen very carefully.

smaug
01-04-2009, 08:40 PM
I've liked batman for quite a while, and I thought the "Dark Night" was great.
I think I know exactly why some people dis-liked the movie. They put in the movie/entered the theater expecting to see their old friend from the comic books. However, this movie was a transition from the old comic book batman we all know and love, to Hollywood's dark night. The Nicholson Batman movie was still not much different from the old comic books. It's kind of like when the show MASH changed it's cast from the original cast to the cast with Hunnicut and Potter;The show's not better, it's not worse, it's just... different, and it will be dis-liked by those who do not want to make that change.
The thing most people can't seem to stop talking about here is how great Heath was as the Joker. I think the actors were all chosen very carefully.
Nope,not the way I feel about it all.It simply sucked in my opinion.Bad acting,poorly thought out technical.

korith
01-04-2009, 09:13 PM
The movie was ok, but forgettable. I don't know if it's cause I'm getting older but too many movies are just crap these days, they have all the nice special affects, and are all hyped up and then we go waste money to go see it at the theater, then realize it was more of a rental movie.

Red
01-04-2009, 09:24 PM
Pshhhhhhhh!!!
I disagree with ALL of you:14:
It was great and well made IMO and well worth the money!

William
01-04-2009, 09:41 PM
i'll take him in whatever he is in :hmm3grin2orange:

You like him in "the machinist" as well?
It isn't exactly American psyco bale in that after all:hmm3grin2orange:

About batman. Didn't like it either allthough I liked the first Nolan/Bale Batman

gourami*girl
01-04-2009, 09:50 PM
I never was a comic book fan, and have only watched one other batman movie, but I thought this movie was pretty good compared to the other I had seen (Batman Begins) and comic book movies in general.

I'll agree with all that Batman's "dark voice" was poorly done, even laughable. Really, Christian Bale did not do a great job in his role and to me it was the most glaring problem with the movie.

I thought that Heath Ledger was EXCELLENT as the Joker, however. True, I'm not a Batman fan and have never seen another portrayal of the Joker, so I may not be coming from the same place as others here. He really stole the show for me and his character really rang true. The movie left me wondering where Ledger's acting career could have gone had he still been alive.

gm72
01-04-2009, 09:53 PM
Well everyone, I guess it is time for me to fess up. Fishalicious, I need your phone number because although I come on here as gm72, I am, in all reality, Christian Bale in real life. No, really. I'm so serious. :rolleyes:

doug z
01-04-2009, 10:02 PM
I thought that Heath Ledger was EXCELLENT as the Joker, however

Word..

And that's coming from a HUGE Nicholson-IS-the-Joker advocate..

Ledger is utterly unrecognizable as "Ledger" and IS a psychopath!

Garry Oldman and Aaron Eckhart do a fantastic job as well..

The gripe about the bullet fingerprint is deserved, I guess, but I'll give it to them no problem..

Same with the gravely voice Bale uses.. Meh, but ok..

The plot was excellent, the effects were awesome without being TOO over the top (for a blockbuster), and the overall feel of the movie redeems the whole franchise from those dark days of bat nipples and ridiculous villains..

Northernguy
01-04-2009, 10:08 PM
This is why we post our mugs!LOL
I have not seen it but my boys have and one of them is a huge Batman fan,they both loved it.They even mentioned how well the Joker was played.
I still have to sit and watch it.
It does not follow the comic book but you have to expect them to change it after all.
I think Superman dies in the next movie!How wrong!

Fishalicious
01-04-2009, 10:10 PM
Well everyone, I guess it is time for me to fess up. Fishalicious, I need your phone number because although I come on here as gm72, I am, in all reality, Christian Bale in real life. No, really. I'm so serious. :rolleyes:

gonna pm ya...but you know if your telling porkies this is one heavy cast on my arm that can do a lot of damage :hmm3grin2orange:

@william - sure i'll just feed him :11:

cocoa_pleco
01-04-2009, 11:08 PM
the dark knight was the first batman ive watched, it was good. i saw it in the theatre when it first came out

Demi ^_^
01-05-2009, 01:05 AM
I liked it alot!

Heath did terrific as the Joker, I think!

MCHRKiller
01-05-2009, 03:10 AM
Christian Bales acting demeanor just reminded me so much of Patrick Bateman the whole thing...granted I love American Pscyho so that was alright. The voice was a bit weird...but tollerable. I really liked Heath as the Joker...thats really what made it for me; I did like his magic trick.:help: All in all it was the first batman movie Ive ever really liked because it was diffrent from the others.

travie
01-05-2009, 03:30 AM
Heath Ledger made this Batman movie great, IMO. He played the Joker character perfectly.

Red
01-05-2009, 03:32 AM
Heath Ledger made this Batman movie great, IMO. He played the Joker character perfectly.

agreed 100%

TowBoater
01-05-2009, 12:32 PM
I loved it, thought it was the best Bat man made thus far. I thought the acting was great and heath ledger did awesome. My only complaint is his dumb makeup.

Friendly
01-05-2009, 02:01 PM
I actually liked The Dark Knight, it was pretty good. The first time I saw it in theaters, it was packed, I practically had someone sitting in my lap, it was so packed. And I saw the 10:30 show, so I got out really late. But probably the best movie I've seen that summer.

Hailey
01-05-2009, 09:14 PM
I think it was okay. Nothing special about it except for Heaths performance. I thought he was Amazing as the joker! Almost too good! Wayyyy better than Jack Nicholson. Jack was Jack as the joker, Heath was the joker.

MCHRKiller
01-05-2009, 09:51 PM
Heath was the joker.
I agree...thus I doubt theyll ever be able to successfully have another actor play The Joker in a batman film.

Hailey
01-05-2009, 09:53 PM
I agree...thus I doubt theyll ever be able to successfully have another actor play The Joker in a batman film.

I agree with that!