PDA

View Full Version : can anyone help?

smokeypea
01-30-2007, 07:50 PM
i have a 55 gall with one oscar and filters 550gph,, i saw an advert on this web site, it sounds very good, www.ecoaqualizer.com but dont want to order one if i dont need it or it wont do any better than what i have, i also have an air stone and a bubble wand in the tnak, could anyone check out this for me and see if its a good thing for me?? thanks.

Glasstapper
01-30-2007, 09:43 PM
if you're having problems keeping the water clean, then it could be a good idea. It's not a bad price, either. I have personally never used one, so I can't tell you any from any experience.

With just one Oscar in the 55, your current filtration in combination with weekly water changes will actually be sufficient, but if you added this, you could maybe add a few more days to a week in between water changes. The cleaner the water the better to help prevent HITH disease for your O.

I'd say it can only help you. Maybe someone else who's used them before can help you better?

Glasstapper
01-30-2007, 09:47 PM
wow, after reading on it a bit more, I think I might get one of these for my tank, too. :)

smokeypea
01-30-2007, 11:14 PM
hi, i phoned the company who makes these and they said it would minimuze water changes, i do 3 water changes per week and vacumn the gravel each time, Ozzie is a real poop machine and i am paranoid about keeping water clean. They will give you a % off also , i think i am goin to order one, i am goin to visit my family in England for 3 weeks and i know my hubby wont be too keep on water changes so any help i can get will be great. Got 6 cats, 8 birds and a buisness to run lol.

Nautilus291
01-31-2007, 12:12 AM
hi, i phoned the company who makes these and they said it would minimuze water changes, i do 3 water changes per week and vacumn the gravel each time, Ozzie is a real poop machine and i am paranoid about keeping water clean. They will give you a % off also , i think i am goin to order one, i am goin to visit my family in England for 3 weeks and i know my hubby wont be too keep on water changes so any help i can get will be great. Got 6 cats, 8 birds and a buisness to run lol.

Tell us how it works. It looks really interesting, I would think about getting one but Ill wait to see how it does for you.

Severus
01-31-2007, 03:58 PM
It does seem pretty cool

Cichlid_Man
02-02-2007, 06:47 PM
I just ordered one.
I heard about them but didn't know where to find one. Thanks!

I am all for less water changes and I know the fish are too.
Less buffer and trace element use too.
I'll let you know how I like it...

smokeypea
02-03-2007, 09:51 PM
Hi, i am still thinking about ordering one, i read good reports but cant make up my mind. Let us know how you like it though, i am almost certasin i am goin to try itall for less water changes, i do 3 times per week now, but then i am paranoid about clean tank. They sound like they are a good thing though and you get your money back if your not satisfied, although dont know how hard that would be to do... lol.

cocoa_pleco
02-04-2007, 04:44 AM
sounds cool

smokeypea
02-07-2007, 08:16 PM
Cichlidman,, have you got the EcoAqualizer set up yet? wondered if its any good, i am goin on vacation for 21 days on 23rd feb and i thought if it was any good i would send for one before i go, i am worried about my Oscar tasnk while i am gone, my hubby will feed him but i doubt he will maintain the tank like i do, worried about my Ozzie lol.

Severus
02-07-2007, 09:12 PM
Yea, i want to hear a little personal experience as well. let us know CichlidMan

smokeypea
02-13-2007, 02:54 AM
Well. i bit the bullet and ordered one today... after many days of thinking about it,,, not very spontainious,, anyway , hope it works out ok, will let you know what happens, they said i should get it tues next week... fingers crossed lol.

Severus
02-13-2007, 03:13 AM
Ill be looking forward to the results!