PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

NorthernFishHead
01-28-2006, 02:35 AM
Hey everyone, I just wandered upon this site, and noticed this forum :D Found while searching for Aponogeton information. 8-) I have a 30G tank in which I have inhabited 2 Penguin tetras, 3Danios, 2 male fancy guppies and 2 female fancy guppies, 3 Gold fish, and a Common Pleco. Thankfully the Golds will be gone in a week to their new homes in their own tank at my sisters place, as they are getting way to big for the tank I have, plus they are eating up my Guppies like crazy. :?

I am new to breeding Fish and thought I would try my hand at Guppies as I heard they were pretty easy and straight forward. I am also new to planted tanks and Have boughten a few bulbs today to start on my own. 5 Dwarf Lilys and a Aponogeton. 8-) I have them soaking in a mason jar filled with my tank water.

I am from Northern BC Canada, hench my display name Northern Fish head :lol:
Along side the hobby of fish keeping, I Own 2 horses, 1 dog, and 2 cats.

Thanks for having me :) I have found tons of usful stuff already on this site.
Cheers

William
01-28-2006, 04:29 AM
welcome
Glad to hear that you found some useful information here and there is always the forum if you have any questions.

Breeding Guppy is as you heard easy and almost takes care of itself ,-)

regards

NorthernFishHead
01-29-2006, 01:32 AM
Well the last of my guppy females kicked the bucket today. so All I have left of the guppy's are to mature males. although one looks a little unhappy, stressed out from the Gold fish still I guess. I have them in their own Net right now awaiting the day the gold fish go to their new homes. Just hopefully they will both survive this whole ordeal. ""keeping fingers crossed". I guess I can't restock my female population until the Golds are gone, which is a shame I loved watching the little fatty's bobble around in the tank.

William
01-29-2006, 03:26 AM
Might be good to wait.

Which water values to you keep in your tank?

NorthernFishHead
01-29-2006, 05:12 PM
ha. well to be honest there is one things i have never done to my fish tank in the 3 years I have had it going. which is tested my water quality..

P.s. The males are thriving in their little net today...