PDA

View Full Version : Tropheus duboisi

mac
01-03-2009, 03:22 AM
Hi,
I have researched these fish. I would like to know what a good stocking plan would be for these fish in a 50 gallon tank. I only want these species of fish along with 3 Synodontis schoutedeni.

I was thinking of 1 males and 3-4 females.

Cheers,
mac

kaybee
01-03-2009, 03:53 AM
I replied in your other thread in regards to t. duboisi.

When keeping multiple tropheus you may do best with a colony (10-15+) and a 75gal tank due to their conspecific aggression. Can be quite aggressive.

1 male and 4 females may be too few in regards to aggression-control.

But if you're fixed on getting 1m/3-4f, you may have to start of with a larger group and weed out the excess males as they become apparent. In my area tropheus are rather expensive ($16-28 per unsexed juvie t. duboisi).

mac
01-03-2009, 09:25 AM
Hi,
I just found out that only one of the fish survived the shipment.

They cost $40.00 in NZ.

So I am unable to get them. So back to the first thought.

Cheers for the help.

mac

mac
01-05-2009, 06:14 AM
Hi,
I don't know if I did right. But I ended up getting one of these t. duboisi.
There was only one of them. A male. So I bought him along with 5 Julies and 2 synadiots. Was that a good move or not? These fish will be ketp in the 50 gallon, with no thought of adding to the groups unless advised to do so.

I thought I would give it a try since the Fire Mouth Cichlid did not happen.

Any thoughts?

mac

mac
01-05-2009, 09:10 PM
And considering the tank they are temporally going in was partially cycled. It had a 1 year old seeded Fluval filter in it. Seeded gravel and old water. I only added about 20 gallons of new water which I add some water conditioner and some Bacteria.

Well the Cichlids have survived the 3-4 hr trip home. [Drove fast right hand lane most of the time for me. Over taking everything hoping to get home ASAP]

Today they have had a nice feed. They have nice color and look great. They are very active.

So I hope they will be okay.

mac