PDA

View Full Version : White mickey mouse platies???

fishlips28
01-29-2007, 10:37 PM
I had a question about one of my fish. It is one of those platies that has the mickey mouse print on the back of it's body. Anyways...it is like a yellowish orange color, but around its middle, kinda where it's stomach is...is white. It's all along that area from top to bottom (vertically). I know that it had some white on it when Adam bought it, and it had some in his tank. Now, it just seems like the fish is MORE white than before...Does it have something wrong with it or is that common for the breed??? I'm not really sure what to think. He swims around okay and the other two don't bother him...so I don't think that it is stress unless he's just always been stressed (from the store to Adam's tank to my tank)....I don't really kno...please let me know what you think!

cocoa_pleco
01-30-2007, 12:59 AM
if theres no visible disease hes o.k

Incredulous_Ed
01-30-2007, 05:45 AM
If the white spot is cotton like you have something to worry about. But otherwise if he is healthy looking he is fine

Lady Hobbs
01-30-2007, 06:44 AM
Does he appear to be itching himself on the gravel or anything? He isn't getting into some decoration that's too small to get back out of, is he? If the white doesn't appear to be fuzzy, then more than likely it's not a fungal problem.

fishlips28
01-30-2007, 07:23 PM
No, the coloration isn't cotton white or fuzzy. I don't have anything real small either! Just scattered plants and a tunnel like thing, but it's real short and very open. He doesn't seem to swim as close to the other two platies, who are always together, but I don't think that he is itching himself on the gravel...although he does like to swim near the bottom until I come near the tank, then he swims right up to the front (either front middle or front top). I wasn't sure if maybe he was loosing his color because my tank isn't cycled yet and the water is harmful to him. The other two act perfectly normal though! I'm not sure how my ammonia is..I ran out of the test kit/drops. Adam says that he has one for me, but hasn't brought it out yet! So maybe that has went up...I'm not really sure! Is it normal for platies to be yellowish white when they are this type?

fishlips28
01-30-2007, 07:26 PM
If you look at the picture above my post, he looks like that, but where there is the yellowish gold color, he is white! Don't kno if that would help to describe it. The rest of him is that orange color though! However, I did notice that the biggest platy tends to bully him. Two of my fish swim together, but when this one tries to join in, the one that is bigger pokes at him.

Incredulous_Ed
02-01-2007, 10:29 PM
Is it male or female?

Nautilus291
02-02-2007, 12:26 AM
He is a boy He was like that when I bought him. It was part of the reason why I bought him. I didnt think about it being a disease, but I think hes allright. Ill look at him when I go over to her house tomarrow.