PDA

View Full Version : Very shy

bielbugs
01-29-2007, 10:19 PM
I had read the clown loaches can be very shy when first placed in the tank. On Saturday I added 2 clown loaches to my community tank. A couple days later now and I still hardly see them. Although I've seen the one out a lot more often than the other they are mostly hiding. The one seems like it wants to come check me out but just stays in the corner. Just wondering what experiences others have had.

crackatinny
01-29-2007, 10:27 PM
You will soon see a bit more of them when they settle in, some of there antics are quite funny, also don"t be alarmed if you see the laying on there side, they sleep like that, they are a great addition to a tank.

bielbugs
01-29-2007, 10:50 PM
Yeah, I had read lots of interesting behaviors of theirs which is one of the reasons we wanted to get some. I guess we are a little impatient to see them do those crazy things

bielbugs
01-30-2007, 10:54 PM
The 2 are out a little more today so it looks like things are progressing well... just slow. grrrrrrrrrrrrr

cocoa_pleco
01-30-2007, 10:58 PM
same with my krib. He was shy for the 1st 2 days, now he controls the tank and rarely hides

dishmando
01-31-2007, 03:28 AM
I have 3 clown loaches myself and lovem to death. As stated, their comical tank antics make for a site to see.
1 of the three is a little more shy than the others, but you'll eventually see their true colors eventually. They are a little shy when i approach the tank, but play around when i sit on my couch. Its then that i sit back and enjoy the show they put on.

crackatinny
01-31-2007, 06:54 AM
Our 2 have grown very close to our chinese alge eater, they even lay on each other all huddled up under a log and sleep, the clowns also love the bubbles.

Severus
01-31-2007, 04:01 PM
I have 3 in one of my tanks and they are great, they took care of a snail problem i had awhile back. Virtually eliminated them all. I love watching them eat when they pick things up with their weird little mouth. lol. You will enjoy them!

bielbugs
01-31-2007, 04:18 PM
Each day they come out more and more. Today they are swimming around more although they are cautious when I am near the take. At least I'm seeing more of them. Sometimes one of my lemon tetras will swim behind the clown loach as he is digging around the gravel to get any food that is stirred up.