PDA

View Full Version : aggressive female platy

bettaboy691
01-29-2007, 05:13 PM
not sure about where this should go but anyway...in my 10 gallon, heated,filtered and planted tank i have a trio of platy, 1 male, 2 female, both females are pregant and i usally leave the fry in the main tank to survive hiding.but my problem is that one of the females, the white one can be seen acting aggressivly towards to other, orange female.head buting her sides and chasing her. ive seen this happen in males but never females, is this something to do with them about to have fry, they have lived together for months and have both had fry in the tank before and no problems up to now. can anyone help please?

jweintraub
01-29-2007, 05:18 PM
I myself have platties and can say i've never seen the females get aggressive... ever! Maybe try separating that one female for a day or two and see if anything happens, if this isn't an option and no sufficient damage is being done to the other female then just keep a close eye and pray that she will calm down. IMO separation is the best answer as of now.

bettaboy691
01-29-2007, 06:21 PM
i have no room to seperate to fish, i cant see any attual damage to to "picked on" fish, i will just leave it for now and hope for the best. this is the first time ive seen it happen in females so im hoping it will stop

jas
02-12-2009, 07:00 PM
hello,

i have a female platy too and she's also aggressive.

i also dont know what to do :(

:goldfish: :goldfish: :goldfish:

troy
02-13-2009, 05:42 AM
Old thread!:spam: :spam: :spam: :spam:

SusieQ
02-18-2009, 03:29 AM
you could buy a divider or partitian that goes directly in the tank to separate them. it's easier then setting up a whole new tank.