PDA

View Full Version : I just can't get it right

Kemppy
12-31-2008, 10:51 PM
Ok I am still having trouble with my DD black free swimmers. All spawns have been raised and hatched to free swimmers by the parents. I have 3 breeding pairs, and this is happening with all pairs. The problem that I am having is that as soon as they reach free swimming stage, they die. One batch parents started eating them, so I put them in a breeder net in the same tank, they died. Second batch, thought I was so smart and put in a divider swam through and were lunch. Third batch put in the divider covered with fine tulle (fine mesh) not much stress at all to the babies, but they all died. Fourth batch, took them out of the breeding tank into another tank that I have all ready for them they died. I have raised angelfish before and have never had this problem. They all die within a day or two. I am feeding them Better than Brine fish powder, which is how I raised all of my other fry. Water specs are perfect water changes are correct. Any ideas????
Sue

BigMac
01-01-2009, 01:40 AM
When they reach fre swimming stage what are you feeding the fry?

Lady Hobbs
01-01-2009, 03:11 AM
Why not let them spawn and just remove the spawning slate to their own tank, add anti-fungal meds and when free swimming, add a sponge filter and grow them out that way?

Babies need water changes almost daily and that may have contributed to some of your other deaths. Sometimes they will eat their young due to their inexperience and other times, will eat the young due to the other angels making them nervous or from people messing around with the tank.