PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Barb Isolation

Cowboychrissy
12-31-2008, 04:09 AM
My friends got me a tank for Christmas. They set it up and all the fish died, save one tiger barb ( there were three tiger barbs together before). The environment is becoming more stable and I was hoping to get additional Tiger Barbs. The single tiger barb has been isolated for about 2 weeks, will this affect his behavior with the new tiger barb?

AmazingH
12-31-2008, 07:16 PM
If you got the tank for christmas.. then the tank wasn't cycled.

Read the free e-book on the left over there for help.

<----

How big is the tank?

Cowboychrissy
01-01-2009, 09:48 AM
i know it wasn't cycled.
My question was if the isolated tiger barb would be too aggressive since it has been isolated?

Ten gallons.

Dave66
01-01-2009, 10:23 AM
You shouldn't keep a pair of Tiger Barbs, or even a trio, with other fish, as they are too aggressive in numbers under 8 toward each other and toward slow moving or long-finned tankmates. Ten gallon is too small of a group of Tiger Barbs anyway, so you may want to return the Lone Ranger to the pet store. Might want to go with a school of small Rasboras or Neon Tetras in that 10.

Dave

gm72
01-01-2009, 03:12 PM
Agreed that 10 gallons is too small for the tiger barb. I would return him, perform a fishless cycle. During the cycle you can come on here for help on establishing a reasonable stocking for your new tank!