PDA

View Full Version : New Saltwater

WILLYBOTS
12-31-2008, 03:39 AM
Hey I Just Bought A 150 Gallon Tank That I'm Plaining On Using For Saltwater. I Had Freshwater My Whole Life And Don't Know Really To Much About Saltwater, So I'm Looking For Help. I'm Plaining On Making A 40 reader A Sump/wet Dry Filter. Now This May Seem Retarded To Ask But What Is The Difference Of A Sump Vs Wet Dry Filter System. Can You Also Tell Me What Other Things I Need For The Tank. I Know I Need A Protein Skimmer, UV Sterilizer, Heater. I'm Thinking About Using A Ro Filter For All Of The Water. I Appreciate Whoever Helps Me. Thank You Will

Northernguy
12-31-2008, 03:49 AM
Welcome to the AC!
There is a salt water section.At the beginning of the section there are some Stickiesthat you should check out.

AABatteries
12-31-2008, 04:06 AM
Welcome to AC.

First of all, read read read, you can never get enough read about saltwater. I would recommend getting/reading The New Marine Aquarium: Step-By-Step Setup & Stocking Guide by Michael S. Paletta. Also the UV sterilizer is not necessary. The wet/dry filter serves as just a filter, but a sump usually has wet/dry filtration along with a skimmer. So its basically just there to hold equipment and add to the total volume of water in the system.