PDA

View Full Version : Hikari shrimp food

Fishguy2727
12-26-2008, 10:48 PM
Just so you guys know, Hikari now has a Shrimp Cuisine shrimp food out. It is on their site but no real information about it. I personally will still be feeding New Life Spectrum, but it should be a great option for feeding shrimp.

korith
12-26-2008, 11:17 PM
Just so you guys know, Hikari now has a Shrimp Cuisine shrimp food out. It is on their site but no real information about it. I personally will still be feeding New Life Spectrum, but it should be a great option for feeding shrimp.

Got some free samples of it from the aquarium group meeting I went to several months ago. Hikari algae wafers as well. Both of those been feeding to shrimp. Good thing about the free samples, a small packet of it seems to have lasted over 2 months already!

Fishguy2727
12-26-2008, 11:19 PM
Well then I will have to contact our Hikari rep to make sure I get some free samples. Any change in their condition since you started them on it? How small are the pellets?

korith
12-26-2008, 11:35 PM
Well then I will have to contact our Hikari rep to make sure I get some free samples. Any change in their condition since you started them on it? How small are the pellets?

Red cherry shrimp seem to be doing fine, gone through 2 population explosions since then. Think when I get back home in 2 weeks or so, the population in the tank should be about 100+. The pellets size, without measuring them are fairly uniform in size, small rectangular shaped, about 2x4mm? I'll take a picture of them and exact size, and ingredients when I get home in 2 weeks and post them up there. I do feed them a variety of food, so it's not just the pellets they are eating. Mostly a mix of algae wafers, pellets, and whatever is growing in the tank.