PDA

View Full Version : Hex Code for Picking Colors of Names

korith
12-26-2008, 11:55 AM
Didn't see this posted anywhere so thought it may be of help to others.

In the shop options, under "Username Options" there is the option to choose to have your name displayed in a different color. Also a few other items can be purchased you can change the color of.

Here is a good link that'll let you find a nice unique color you like and will give you the appropriate hex code for it. http://www.febooti.com/products/iezoom/online-help/online-color-chart-picker.html

If you want to just get colors off a chart this site has a nice collection http://www.gotomy.com/color.html

For blue I entered in #0000FF as the color for my user name to appear in.

Lady Hobbs
12-26-2008, 03:29 PM
Some of the User Names here view to me as one huge blob and I can't even tell who the poster is. I know FoxFire can sometimes not show up colored User Names but I'm using IE and never had that browser show the colors weird.

korith
12-27-2008, 12:37 AM
Some of the User Names here view to me as one huge blob and I can't even tell who the poster is. I know FoxFire can sometimes not show up colored User Names but I'm using IE and never had that browser show the colors weird.

Hehe foxfire eh? You mean firefox? I think some of the special affects like glow don't show up on firefox. Simple color changes seem to show up ok.

cocoa_pleco
12-27-2008, 12:59 AM
another thing you can enter for colors is stuff like chocolate, cocoa, orange, lemon, lime, rose, etc. most of them will give you the color

korith
12-27-2008, 01:14 AM
another thing you can enter for colors is stuff like chocolate, cocoa, orange, lemon, lime, rose, etc. most of them will give you the color

Cool I didn't even think to try that. Would be nice if we could get a list of color names that work, also what font types are supported. Guessing same fonts that are allowed in messages.

William: possible choices shown on the same page where we make the changes?

ILuvMyGoldBarb
12-27-2008, 02:44 AM

Hobbs is right. The "Glow" effect and the "shadow" effect do not show up in Firefox and I don't think Opera shows it either. IE shows all the effects possible. Firefox does, however, show all the colors that people choose. Weather a particular font shows up or not all depends on weather or not you have it installed on you computer.

Wild Turkey
12-27-2008, 03:56 AM
Hobbs is right. The "Glow" effect and the "shadow" effect do not show up in Firefox and I don't think Opera shows it either. IE shows all the effects possible. Firefox does, however, show all the colors that people choose. Weather a particular font shows up or not all depends on weather or not you have it installed on you computer.

Yup Gb got itthumbs2: