PDA

View Full Version : Shrimp Babies for Christmas!

Gemini
12-23-2008, 12:15 AM
I'm sooo excited! My shrimp babies have finally hatched and are swimming round the tank, pigging out on biofilm! thumbs2: I hadn't seen the berried female since Friday morning so I was getting a bit worried - then I was looking at the tank from the couch and thought I'd had a planaria outbreak. Then when I got up and had a closer look they are teeny tiny little shrimp babies hanging out on the glass!!!!! WOO HOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :19: :19:

Algenco
12-23-2008, 12:18 AM
Congratulations !! You'll soon have a tankful:hmm3grin2orange:

korith
12-23-2008, 07:28 AM
I'm sooo excited! My shrimp babies have finally hatched and are swimming round the tank, pigging out on biofilm! thumbs2: I hadn't seen the berried female since Friday morning so I was getting a bit worried - then I was looking at the tank from the couch and thought I'd had a planaria outbreak. Then when I got up and had a closer look they are teeny tiny little shrimp babies hanging out on the glass!!!!! WOO HOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :19: :19:

First time I had some in my tank I thought I had planaria too! The babies are so hard to see. They look very cool once they get some colour in them. At first I'd sit in front of the tank trying to count them, that was almost an act of futility but entertaining.

tort518
12-23-2008, 05:09 PM

CONGRATS!

The shrimp I bought from Algenco are reproducing at such a rate I'm considering moving some of the colony to the 30 gallon! Pretty soon I might start to offer them for sale to the local fish stores just to reduce their numbers! thumbs2:

I really enjoy watching the hatchlings. They can be everywhere and so hard to see. I've learned to watch for movement to find them.

Good luck!

Jim

Gemini
12-26-2008, 10:08 AM
Thanks everyone! I"m hoping I'm over run with them soon!!! :19: