PDA

View Full Version : Tiny bugs on my floating plants

PUNISHER VETTE
12-19-2008, 12:54 AM
So i think i made a thread a long time ago about bugs on my plants. Well they came back and are just as bad. No snails this time though.

Just these little black tic looking things.

Is there something i can dump the plants in to kill off these pests?

Or is there a way i can make the plants circulate more so they might get drowned under the filter? right now they just get stuck on one side of the tank and don't move much.

Fishalicious
12-19-2008, 01:02 AM
They are Podura aquatica - iddy biddy little things :11:

They do no harm but if they are really annoying you then scoop out all the floating plants and weigh them down in a bucket so they are underwater for a few hours. Make sure non are hiding on the glass strips or sides of the tank...

PUNISHER VETTE
12-19-2008, 01:26 AM
They are Podura aquatica - iddy biddy little things :11:

They do no harm but if they are really annoying you then scoop out all the floating plants and weigh them down in a bucket so they are underwater for a few hours. Make sure non are hiding on the glass strips or sides of the tank...

Thanks. Those are the bugs and that's something i can easily do it sounds like.

I saw that they also walk on water so i would need to be careful to make sure they are all sunk.

They aren't as bad as the snails i used to have but they just seem creepy.

Fishguy2727
12-19-2008, 01:34 AM
I have tons in my 40breeder, so many that a spider has made a home in a water hyacinth.

Fishalicious
12-19-2008, 01:42 AM
Thanks. Those are the bugs and that's something i can easily do it sounds like.

I saw that they also walk on water so i would need to be careful to make sure they are all sunk.

They aren't as bad as the snails i used to have but they just seem creepy.

As long as you keep breaking the water surface (give it a good swirl with your hands now and again) they will blub..blub...blub go under....:ssuprised: