PDA

View Full Version : Ordering Discus on line??? Homeowner?

LORENZO
12-18-2008, 11:24 AM
:fish: :fish: Is it possible to order discus on line??? IF i am not a store ..can i as an idividual order up these fish. But here i would expect it would be tres cher. Just wondering. You see them coming into the stores sometimes not so healthy. I saw a whole bunch the other day with fungus on them. And usually you do not see-never seen- the yellow or sapphire red discus. I would be interested in ordering just two not a bunch -is that possible?

Lady Hobbs
12-18-2008, 02:13 PM
Many online places have Discus but you'd have to find a Canadian online store.

korith
12-18-2008, 02:17 PM
You can find a lot of online shops that sell live fish. You will pay a nice bit for shipping though so you should order a bunch of stuff at once to make up for that. Always make sure whoever you order with has a live arrival guarantee, in case of shipping mishaps. Some will only give you that guarantee if you pay for next day shipping.

LORENZO
12-19-2008, 11:46 AM
I wonder how expensive this will be? I must go have a look around. I know there are good places in Ontario. But you don't want to end up overpaying and then getting poor stock. It is just that i see plenty of not so good discus coming into the stores. Saw a nice white one the other day. Would make you want to trade up your community and have another discus tank. Hello Lady HObbs discus say hello to you. They think you should keep a few!!!!

Northernguy
12-19-2008, 05:01 PM
LORENZO,Where in Canada do you order from and what do they charge for discus?

LORENZO
12-19-2008, 07:22 PM
noooo i have not ordered i was hoping someone on the forum could direct me. i want a pidgeon red discus. They are hard to get here. You do not see that many discus around. Besides there is only one place i would think about here to go and purchase one. think of a really good sapphire red one! That would make for a good Christmas present. How cold is it there.... freezing here. OH the cold .......

cer
12-19-2008, 10:23 PM
I would not because they are already expensive fish. Shipping and handleing costs alot for fish.

Halelorf
12-20-2008, 02:32 AM
I think your best bet would probably be to try and find a breeder around your area and get in contact with them. This way you can actually look at the fish before you buy them.

fishbum
12-20-2008, 02:42 AM
If you have them shipped to you,they do it the exact same way that they ship them to your LFS,any any reputable online seller will gurantee the fish for at least 2 weeks after you get it and gurantee live arival if shipped next day.This is the only place to buy discus IMO.Kenny is by far the best discus breeder there is.If you live where the weather is cold,I would wait until spring,just common sense,IMO.Here is the link,you'll have to join and then send kenny a PM to see what he has avaliable.
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/forumdisplay.php?f=119

LORENZO
12-20-2008, 11:02 AM
:fish: :fish: I think Kenny's discus is in California... Simply discus yes i have seen that before what wonderful discus. But like Cer said it just might be way to expensive. But when you really want that sapphire red ......oh it is like wanting a zebra pleco. I am still looking around.

fishbum
12-20-2008, 12:44 PM
That is true.But paying the 30 or $35 for overnight shipping is a small price for such beautiful fish.Good luck with what ever you decide.