PDA

View Full Version : My betta has not been eating and i see he has white on his body and fin!

Hailey
12-18-2008, 08:45 AM
My Betta hasn't been eating for a while, prob about a week or more, I dont know what to do! and today i noticed he has a big white patch on his back, and on his top fin. Hes not looking good at all, i don't think hes gonna make it. I have no medicine or anything.

Gemstone
12-18-2008, 01:46 PM
hayley...

if you have absolutely no medication for your fish...do 50% water changes daily....and get some meds!!!

SkarloeysMom
12-18-2008, 02:34 PM
Hard to say what it is without a picture but sounds like maybe fungus. If your betta is to the point of not eating and its going on a week the situation is dire. You might try some fungus meds but you need to do it quick or you'll lose him.

Hailey
12-18-2008, 08:36 PM
ok, well i think were going christmas shopping on monday-money is tight!!! we are living paycheck to paycheck right now, so Hopefully he'll stay in there till then. What about salt?

Hailey
12-18-2008, 08:38 PM
oh and i tried to feed him blood worms, but do you think i could find them! my kitty hid them somewhere! things arent looking good

lovleeko
12-19-2008, 01:52 AM
What type of tank/bowl is he in? Keep the water super clean. I would probably add some salt if that is all you have right now.

Hailey
12-19-2008, 08:00 AM
ok, hes looking a bit better. And it was right after a water change that that happened to him so i wonder if that had anything to do with it.

How long do bettas usually live? because i have been thinking I've had my other betta, Bingy, for i think 2 years now, and he wasnt a baby when I got him either. He seems old to me now. Not like he used to be

lovleeko
12-19-2008, 08:05 AM
bettas live two to three years most of the time. They can live up to five years and I've even read about seven years. But since bettas are usually a year old when you buy them (so their fins are long) He is probably nearing the end of his life span:( I hope he gets better though. I couldn't see why the water change would have done anything to him.

mac
12-19-2008, 09:48 AM
Hi,
Sorry about you trouble.

I have head salt can help. But wait till some one with better advice to answer that.

IMO keep up the water changes. Also just a few question. What size tank is it in? Also what are the temperature? Also the same with the Water Parameters?

Cheers,
mac