PDA

View Full Version : Lost an Angel

country_boy454
12-16-2008, 03:06 PM
After a long battle with dropsy my female Silver Lace Angel passed away yesterday morning. I was very depressed to see this. The pair had one fry survive out of the 8-9 batches of eggs they laid while in my care. They claimed half of the 75g tank as their own and the fry had the other half of the tank. The fry is about the size of a quarter, maybe smaller. Now the male and this fry swim everywhere together. Always side by side. The male is almost solid gold now that the female has passed on (yes they have najas gold genes). So now I am looking for a female companion for him.

I am keeping the fry as my one year old daughter watches it. She will go up to the tank and follow it around and point at it! It's so cute. She even calls it "Baby"!

Lady Hobbs
12-16-2008, 03:09 PM
So, so sorry. Very hard to loose such a beautiful fish.

Demjor19
12-16-2008, 03:14 PM
Sorry for your loss! It's never easy, but at least you have one of it's offspring to raise. Good luck finding a new mate for the male too.

Northernguy
12-16-2008, 03:16 PM
Sorry to hear about your fish!:22:
Good luck locating the rigt femalethumbs2:

Fishalicious
12-16-2008, 03:21 PM
Awww so sorry for your loss xxxxx

fins_n_fur
12-16-2008, 03:21 PM
Very sorry for your loss :11:

Miltonic
12-16-2008, 03:30 PM
very sad to hear this and i feel your pain I lost my female Angel this morning after a long battle with disease and now my male looks so out of place in the tank. They always used to be together and now he seems to trying to find her always staying close to the top of the tank :(

country_boy454
12-16-2008, 03:38 PM
Thanks for the reply's. Out of all the fish I have lost I think I was upset the most with this one. They had so much character. Always welcomed anyone that came close to the tank. Good beggars too! Any time someone passed by the tank they swam to the top and waited/looked for food! They were spoiled with random feedings of frozen brine shrimp, frozen peas, frozen and freeze dried blood worms, amongst other foods. (by random I mean once or twice a week!) Also they got my DIY frozen fish food. If it wasn't for them I wouldn't have a 75g tank! They were in a 40 hex but it seemed to small so I got the 75 just for them!