PDA

View Full Version : Rat intelligence/agility

Wild Turkey
12-15-2008, 10:04 PM
Shot with my webcam so the quality isnt great, but watch how quickly the rats figure out whats up with the apples..

Keep in mind i have never feed them in this way or made them work for their treats ever, since the black one is a biter. I opened the cage about 1 inch and left the bowl of apples ontop of it, on the opposite side. The white rat is more cautious and decides to just steal them away lol Enjoy!

ubfKZshLbeg

This is a 55 gallon tank. So they are jumping about 14 inches and hanging by their hands to accomplish the escape. They can do the full 18" and i had one previously that could backflip and grab the top from the inside and would walk along it like a spider. Never seen anything like it, wish i had a video of that.

Tolley
12-15-2008, 10:17 PM
Very cool video shows their intelligence well. They are great creatures. thumbs2:

Sharon
12-15-2008, 10:43 PM
That's really impressive!thumbs2:

Demi ^_^
12-15-2008, 11:30 PM
Awsome!

Rats are very intelligent - many think I am kinda odd making hammocks for my ol' boy, but its not my fault he likes them! :))

Female rats seem too be alot more easier to teach tricks and stuff because they are sooo frisky, I used to let my girls free-range half teh house (All wires/everything blocked and were safe :))) I used to just clap my hands and call their names and they would come running!

Sharon
12-15-2008, 11:33 PM
Yep, females of any species do tend to be smarter than males!!!:hmm3grin2orange:

Demi ^_^
12-15-2008, 11:39 PM
:hmm3grin2orange: LOL LOL LOL :hmm3grin2orange: