PDA

View Full Version : tangerine gecko pics...

Crispy
12-15-2008, 06:04 PM
here's a few shots of my tangerine gecko... she's a cutie... her name is tattoo.

angelcakes
12-15-2008, 06:05 PM
what a cutie!!!:1luvu:

Sharon
12-15-2008, 06:44 PM
He is so cute! I love geckos...thumbs2:

Tolley
12-15-2008, 08:20 PM
Very nice colouring!thumbs2:

Crispy
12-15-2008, 08:31 PM
very very friendly too! She has a 55 gallon all to herself.

Demjor19
12-15-2008, 09:24 PM
Great looking Gecko!

Fishguy2727
12-15-2008, 10:42 PM
Nice looking. I am not trying to be a jerk but it looks like a normal leopard gecko, not a tangerine. The tangerines are supposed to have an orange-tint to the yellow or orange blotches.

LORENZO
12-15-2008, 10:56 PM
what does that gecko do all day??? What is it like having a gecko..i had a big lizared once.

Crispy
12-16-2008, 02:15 PM
Nice looking. I am not trying to be a jerk but it looks like a normal leopard gecko, not a tangerine. The tangerines are supposed to have an orange-tint to the yellow or orange blotches.

tangerine's are much more orange than leopards. Leopards are yellow, mine is orange. I'll try to take some pics of my buddies leopards with my tangerine... big difference.

Crispy
12-16-2008, 02:17 PM
what does that gecko do all day??? What is it like having a gecko..i had a big lizared once.

The gecko is nocturnal, so it pretty much sleeps most of the day. It doesn't require a UV light or anything special really. Just a little heat pad or heat rock in it's house. When it's about to strike a tasty cricket, it's tail will wiggle like a rattlesnake.

Northernguy
12-16-2008, 03:33 PM
Nice shots,looks pretty cool!thumbs2:

Fishguy2727
12-16-2008, 11:23 PM
That is a leopard gecko, tangerine is one of MANY morphs of leopard geckos. And from the pics I have seen online and the tangerines I had, that is not a tangerine but a normal. If it was sold to you as a tangerine that's fine, but I have seen tons of leos and from those pics it looks like a normal. I am just saying I have not seen one so dark, so close to brown, that is all.

Here is a link to a site with lots of pics of tangerine leopard geckos.
http://www.tangerinegecko.com/tgcollection.html

Where did you get it?

Crispy
12-17-2008, 09:23 PM
That is a leopard gecko, tangerine is one of MANY morphs of leopard geckos. And from the pics I have seen online and the tangerines I had, that is not a tangerine but a normal. If it was sold to you as a tangerine that's fine, but I have seen tons of leos and from those pics it looks like a normal. I am just saying I have not seen one so dark, so close to brown, that is all.

Here is a link to a site with lots of pics of tangerine leopard geckos.
http://www.tangerinegecko.com/tgcollection.html

Where did you get it?

My buddy breeds them and he has both leopards AND tangerines... I will get pics of the differences between his breeding pairs asap.

invadertoast
12-17-2008, 10:06 PM
I'm kind of out of the leopard gecko color morph loop, but I have to agree with Fishguy - she looks like a normal to me. Tangerine is just a color variation of the leopard gecko, not all leopard geckos have leopard spots. I currently have two leopards, one is patternless (ZERO spots whatsoever) and one is a high yellow (has spots but very reduced.) I used to have two normal females, and yours definately resembles my normal girls, just maybe a little darker in color.

I dunno, I'd love to see pics if your friends breeding stock (leos are so cute!) Your girl is both beautiful and adorable! :)

Fishguy2727
12-18-2008, 01:51 AM
Maybe it will brigthen up in to a tangerine as it grows. Is it definitely a female? If so it would make sense for her to be so much darker. The incubation temperature determines sex but can also greatly affect overall coloration. Lower temps (females) tend to be darker, have more spots, and a darker base color. Higher incubation temperature (males) can mean fewer spots and a brighter base color.

Crispy
12-18-2008, 07:40 PM
Maybe it will brigthen up in to a tangerine as it grows. Is it definitely a female? If so it would make sense for her to be so much darker. The incubation temperature determines sex but can also greatly affect overall coloration. Lower temps (females) tend to be darker, have more spots, and a darker base color. Higher incubation temperature (males) can mean fewer spots and a brighter base color.

definitely a female and she's about 3 years old. I'm going to get pics of my buddies leopards, tangerines, blizzards, and other lizards over the holidays and you'll see a big difference between the leopards and tangerines.

Fishguy2727
12-19-2008, 01:33 AM
Those are all different morphs of leopard geckos. Why don't you google image leopard gecko, normal leopard gecko, high-yellow leopard gecko, tangerine leopard gecko, and blizzard leopard gecko to see what we are all talking about.

Crispy
01-03-2009, 12:25 AM
Those are all different morphs of leopard geckos. Why don't you google image leopard gecko, normal leopard gecko, high-yellow leopard gecko, tangerine leopard gecko, and blizzard leopard gecko to see what we are all talking about.

Here's a leopard on the left and a tangerine on the right... the leopard is missing the orange markings of the tangerine. These two are both mature adults (over 4 years old) and my buddy breeds both types. The tangerine is my gecko's father.

Crispy
01-03-2009, 12:30 AM
here's a shot of a blizzard gecko (another leopard morph) and a frilled dragon.