PDA

View Full Version : Sharks

kaybee
12-14-2008, 10:40 PM
I never used to see these for sale, but now I've seen nurse sharks (18" babies) being sold at two different LFS's in my area within the last month.

Don't these get 10ft or something like that?

How common (or uncommon) are sharks (any species, excluding FW 'sharks' of course) in the SW LFS's in your area?

cocoa_pleco
12-19-2008, 10:36 PM
theyre common here, im honestly never surprised with what fish i see sold here. In Alberta for selling fish, anything goes, so i see sharks for sale in massive 1000g tanks at some stores all the time.

Big Als here has their own 2000g shark tank too

ILuvMyGoldBarb
12-19-2008, 10:42 PM
I've never seen them for sale in my area. I'm not entirely sure why, but I suspect that it has something to do with the fact that the 2 main LFS in my area are very responsible and refuse to order them along with other fish that either need extremely large tanks or are just not plain suitable. The closes thing I've seen was another less reputable LFS in my area had a Bamboo Shark egg for sale.

But you're close on the size. Nurse sharks top out at about 14.1'

Sharon
12-19-2008, 11:09 PM
Very sad, when you think about it! I wonder how many they sell...

cocoa_pleco
12-19-2008, 11:10 PM
Very sad, when you think about it! I wonder how many they sell...

here they go fast, a LFS by me got a adult bamboo shark in, did their 3 week quarantine, and as soon as it was out of quarantine a guy grabbed it

Northernguy
12-20-2008, 02:59 AM
Cocoa ,I believe all Big Al's have a huge shark tank.I have been to 4 and they all have one.Awesome store,its too bad that they are so far away!