PDA

View Full Version : Surprise!! Here I am!!!

ladyoutlaw50
12-14-2008, 04:55 PM
:22: Hi everybody!! I have not been around for quite some time -- this semester has been a rough one for me -- Statistics and Science Lab ---eeewwww!!!:18:
My finals are this week -- Math on Monday and Science on Thursday.
Plus I had to go take the Millers Analogy Test for Graduate school -- I should have those results in another week or two!!
I also found out I am going to be a granny in July -- wasn't thrilled as she is only 18 -- but nothing I can do now, but be supportive and be a good granny.
Let's see -- what else,,,,,,,, getting married Dec. 2009 in Florida. Just a small little ceremony with a jp and a few family members on the beach.
We were hit with that ice storm this past weekend -- we all survived even our 6 tanks of fish!! Our power went out on Friday morning for good at about 6:15ish and did not come back on until Saturday about 1 in the afternoon. We did have a kerosene heater, but I had no backups for the tanks. the lowest temp one of the tanks reached was 64. By late last night all tanks were up to their regular temps!! Had some stressed fish, but all seemed to be doing ok!! I warned them on Thursday evening that they may need their "winter storm packs" so thinking for once those little ones listend to me!! LOL:hmm3grin2orange:
My poor mom is still without power -- there are about 8 of them in her neighborhood without power -- she does have a woodstove and her neighbors have hooked her up so that she can run her fridge and 1 light. She does have a cell phone, but forgets to turn it on!! Silly mom
Well anyway -- after next week you all will have to deal with me again and my picture taking finger is getting itchy!! LOL
Hope everyone is well and will be back in a week or so!!

Thanks to those who have dropped me a note to see if I am still among the living!! LOL

Lady Hobbs
12-14-2008, 05:05 PM
My, so nice to see you again. Glad everything going OK and glad the fish all made the power outage. You might have to watch them for awhile for ick due to their stress.

angelcakes
12-14-2008, 05:23 PM
hello ladyoutlaw and welcome back:19: ,glad all is going good:19:

Red
12-14-2008, 05:43 PM
woooooooooooo welcome back!!

Wild Turkey
12-14-2008, 07:37 PM
Welcome back gal!!thumbs2: thumbs2: :19:

mrs fishpatrick
12-14-2008, 08:08 PM
welcome back, how are the krib fry?

invadertoast
12-14-2008, 08:55 PM
Welcome back!!! We're going on day 3 with no power here, but we've got a generator running so all is okay. One of my tanks also hit a low of 64, must be the magic power outage number!

gourami*girl
12-14-2008, 10:26 PM
What will you be going to graduate school for? Something sciencey...? thumbs2:

Also, congrats on becoming a granny and your upcoming wedding!

Northernguy
12-14-2008, 11:23 PM
Welcome back! I can't wait to see some pics!thumbs2:
Congrats on the up coming wedding! Sounds like fun.:goldfish: :fish:

ladyoutlaw50
12-14-2008, 11:28 PM
welcome back, how are the krib fry?

I only have 4 here, the rest have moved on to the lfs. Everybody is doing well -- hopefully they will take a little break LOL

ladyoutlaw50
12-14-2008, 11:29 PM
What will you be going to graduate school for? Something sciencey...? thumbs2:

Also, congrats on becoming a granny and your upcoming wedding!

If all goes well and I pass my finals this week -- I will graduate with my Bachelors in Mental Health and Human Services and will go on to Grad School for my Masters in Counseling with a concentration in Substance Abuse

gourami*girl
12-15-2008, 02:08 AM
If all goes well and I pass my finals this week -- I will graduate with my Bachelors in Mental Health and Human Services and will go on to Grad School for my Masters in Counseling with a concentration in Substance Abuse

Cool. I have a good friend who is in that line of work. From what she tells me, it's hard but very rewarding. Best of luck to you!