PDA

View Full Version : Java Moss updated

betta_Mike
12-13-2008, 05:26 AM
So i finally broke down and bought a java moss sphere from my LPS for my betta tank. It has a little brown in it, which I assume is due to lighting of the aquarium ii was held in, but it still looks great. I hope to eventually have a java moss "carpet" grown on top of the gravel substrate in my aquarium. According to other post it still does great does great in no light aquariums(currently in non lit 2.5g tank), so I can't wait to see how it turns out!!

korith
12-13-2008, 06:13 AM
So i finally broke down and bought a java moss sphere from my LPS for my betta tank. It has a little brown in it, which I assume is due to lighting of the aquarium ii was held in, but it still looks great. I hope to eventually have a java moss "carpet" grown on top of the gravel substrate in my aquarium. According to other post it still does great does great in no light aquariums(currently in non lit 2.5g tank), so I can't wait to see how it turns out!!

It anchors itself onto pretty much any surface. It's a pain to remove, gravel just clings to it, shrimp and other stuff love it though. I think the brown and darkness of it goes away. Most of mine is a fairly bright green.

Wild Turkey
12-13-2008, 07:34 AM

IME java moss will grow out more like a bush unless you let it grow some and then secure it to something. have you looked into moss walls?

Its pretty much gonna grow torwards the light like any plant would it doesnt really "spread" so much, it will, but it will grow out and in thickness much faster, if that makes sense

Lady Hobbs
12-13-2008, 10:37 AM
You can just leave it moving about freely, as well, and the movement of the
water keeps it from collecting food and algae. I've seen tanks crammed with it and little fish swimming all over thru it. rather neat.

betta_Mike
12-13-2008, 02:17 PM
cool thanks for the input guys!