PDA

View Full Version : Starting New Tank Pls Help!

Scampi
01-24-2006, 06:23 PM
Hiya,
I am new to this forum and am looking for some advise please! I'd like to set up a marine tank so i have began researching all about it and i am keen. I would like to keep seahorses with other fish too, such as clowns and other hardy fish etc but i have been reading that this is apparently not advisable, and that seahorses should be kept by themselves. Do you agree or is it possible to keep them with other fish or would that result in harming them, such as them not getting adequate food etc.

As you can probably tell i dont know that much yet but i will not purchase anything until i am certain i can upkeep the tank etc But if you have any advise about setting up that would be great, or about what fish are good for a beginner. I have also read the beginners guide on here which was very helpful. Sorry to be such a pain but i thought it would be best to ask people who know what they are talking about! Thanx!

Full3R
01-24-2006, 08:22 PM
I've kept seahorses in the past and noticed that they were very slow at catching food.
Unless you have a large tank so that u can feed the other fish up one end and the seahors seperate at the other end i wouldn't reccomend keeping the Seahorses with fish such as clown fish.

There are certain fish that could be kept with Seahorses that wouldn't even harm a Seahorse fry.