PDA

View Full Version : Red Tail Shark News.

mac
12-13-2008, 12:12 AM
Hu Guys,
I can't remember where but I was reading on a forum some where that these Sharks hate red. Is that true?

Well the reason I ask is because I just bought one. I spent about 40 minuets staring at the fish. Well what amazed me wast the shark that was in the 20 gallon tank, was kept with a brilliant red Betta male. Not only that there was a Rainbow Shark in the tank. Plus some SAE's. The interesting thing was that the Red-Tail Shark had taken up his turf on the heater. And the Betta had done the same. This is what was amazing. The Shark would swim with the Betta and not chase him or do a thing. And the only thing the Shark would chase in the tank was the other Shark. So because of this I bought him and the Betta.

So I placed the Red-Tail Shark in my 50 gallon which will soon be a 100 gallon.
After about 5 minuets he had swum right round the whole tank and started to find a cave to live in. He first went to the large rock cave. But he was soon chased right around the tank by my Zipper Loach. The he went the the Kulies Cave and swam around the that. Then moved on to the Cave which the Golden Zebra Loaches inhabit. He was chased out strait away. Then he moved on to the cave which the SAE's have set up as their's. Well he started to have a small tiff with the Baby SAE which is 2 inches long. But after a short time that toped and the Shark has settled down and lives in the cave with the Kulies. And their has been no trouble at all. Not a thing.

So what dose every-one think?

If he dose change when he gets larger I have no trouble. I will place him in the 50 gallon with the Fire Mouth Cichlids, when I set the tank up for them soon.

Thought I would share this news.

mac

cer
12-13-2008, 12:14 AM
Thats amazing!

Mvjnz
12-13-2008, 12:52 AM
They are usually not very aggressive when they are young. I have a small one in a community tank. He's claimed a terracotta pot as his own, and doesn't bother anyone.

Never heard that they don't like red tho.

mac
12-13-2008, 03:26 AM
Hi,
That is why I am asking what is up, with this red thing with the sharks I read about. anyway if he dose change that is of no concern to me. I have the 50 gallon spare soon.

mac