PDA

View Full Version : Best Brand of Ammonia

geowashlaw
12-12-2008, 07:50 PM
I've looked everywhere and all I can find is the CVS brand ... and its lemon scented ... it says it has Ammonium Hydroxide, sulfectant and fragrance ... hesitant to do that ...

I've read on here before that some like the Ace Hardware brand, but the nearest Ace to me is 20 miles ... there's got to be something closer ...

doug z
12-12-2008, 08:37 PM
Goldex is what I found at the hardware store..

Ace Hardware brand is good, too..

But yeah, if it has ANYTHING other than pure ammonia in it, it's no good..

Lady Hobbs
12-12-2008, 10:40 PM
Any of the Dollar Stores carry the cheap stuff and the cheap stuff generally has no additives. Ace Hardware carries what is called Janitoral Strength pure ammonia, as well.

Wild Turkey
12-13-2008, 01:21 AM
But yeah, if it has ANYTHING other than pure ammonia in it, it's no good..

Yup. Thats the long and short of it. (except water of course)

geowashlaw
12-13-2008, 02:44 AM
HARRIS TEETER'S STORE BRAND!!!! YEAH!!! Spread the word ... for those of us who live in the mid-atlantic states anyway ...

snipesxxx
12-18-2008, 01:16 AM
When I was shopping for ammonia I checked wal-mart, dollar store, family dollar, tractor farm supply, big lots, ect and nothing. Did some reading and some said Ace Hardware was good so that was the last place I checked and they had some. I thought I was gonna be SOL.

Several places had clear ammonia but it had something listed in the ingredients other than ammonia. If all else fails call Ace and go pick some up. I bought a gallon for like $5(give or take) and it should last a lifetime

doug z
12-18-2008, 01:21 AM
Good stuff!

bludevlsi
12-19-2008, 11:07 PM
i went to ace and found their ace brand stuff and it says it has 10% Ammonium Hydroxide. is this good or bad?