PDA

View Full Version : Please Be Careful!

s72450
12-12-2008, 05:06 AM
Last night I was moving one of my females from the hospital tank into the 10g with her sisters and did not notice another female jumpping into the net. My net is black and she is a dark color and didn't make much noise when she got trapped in the netting.

I sat the net down not thinking about it and went to bed. Delilah tends to hide alot so I didn't notice her this morning before work, but it wasn't a big deal since I only see her every once in awhile really.

I came home tonight and picked up the net to do something and a dried up Delilah fell out. I am crushed over this, mostly because it had to have been a horrible way to die and it could have been prevented had I paid more attention.

Please don't make my mistake, even if you don't think another fish got into the net, check it just in case. I wish I had done so. :(

Corndawg
12-12-2008, 05:22 AM
Sorry to hear that happened :scry: But as my motto goes "shit happens". Ive made some mistakes myself, as Im sure many others have. Just get to learn from it, like you said. RIP!

Northernguy
12-12-2008, 05:26 AM
Sorry to hear about your beta!:11:
Accidents do happen.

TazManiac
12-12-2008, 10:50 AM
Same thing happened with our guppies. Two died and they were both pregnant.

angelcakes
12-12-2008, 10:51 AM
sorry to hear:scry: but as quoted "accidents happen" i did it with albino sharks years ago,

Wild Turkey
12-12-2008, 10:56 AM
Sorry for your loss.:11:

I think that has to do with why most nets are blue or green (water or plants) because we usually pick fish that stand out from those things. Either that or im reading into it too much.

Sharon
12-12-2008, 11:57 AM
Sorry about Delilah...everyone makes mistakes.

s72450
12-12-2008, 12:11 PM
I have two nets, one green that is very large and one black that is smaller which I normally use for my bettas.

I'll know to be more careful next time, just wish it hadn't have had to be taught this way.

angelcakes
12-12-2008, 12:41 PM
I have two nets, one green that is very large and one black that is smaller which I normally use for my bettas.

I'll know to be more careful next time, just wish it hadn't have had to be taught this way.
learning the hard way is sometimes the best way,because next time you are more aware

candycane
12-12-2008, 02:54 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. Please don't beat yourself up over it, just remember the good life that you gave her instead.