PDA

View Full Version : Help w/Mom blue crayfish eating newborns?

FWNewby
12-11-2008, 05:26 AM
I think my creyfish may be having little ones again? The male had a little love session with her a few days ago and now she's hiding like CRAZY! She did that last time. But, the bad part was....I put her in a 10gal tank w/plenty of shelter and just as I thought they were being born, put the vegation in for them to be able to have plenty of hiding and food both! But, Mommie didn't eat a thing (which is common so I read?) but, I didn't look her over thoroughly for 5 days and just left her alone! But, all of a sudden she came out of hiding. I looked and there was barely any black eggs under her tail anymore. Two days later I didn't see much and pulled her out of the water and looked and there was not a living thing under her tail or in the water ANYWHERE! I'm worried NOW if she has babies again what I can do to stop her from eating then when the come to life? I can't find ANYTHING about this kind of thing happening?! Do any of you know anything about this to help me this time around? I'm new and can't manage my way around very well so, you can email me directly at amy-schulz@sbcglobal.net if you will take the time to? I would appreciate it very much. Since I don't come here to even see if there are any answers to my questions? I think it's too late for most people anyway so, please help me by replying to my email address? :help:

Northernguy
12-12-2008, 03:56 PM
Read this you may find your answer.
http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/inv/breedingcrayfish.php