PDA

View Full Version : dojo

jfd
12-10-2008, 01:53 AM
I've had my dojo for two years--his friend jumped out of the tank while on my sister's watch. I'd like to get another one but I wounder if my tank is too warm--77 degrees f. I have 5 kuhlis, 3 corys, 2 platys and 2 boseman rainbows. He often hangs out on my heater so it doesn't seem like he minds the temp. Is my temp okay for a pal?

mac
12-10-2008, 03:04 AM
hi,
IMO I think you would be better of getting a seperate tank for your Dojo Loaches.

But you can get away with it, bevcause it is not that much hotter. But I would not do it for the reason the new one my not get use to the water temp or he might. Either way he might be fine, or he could wither a way and die.

So really it is up to you, but i would not do it for the reason they are subtrocaple fish. and are better suited to that envirment.

mac

abaigael04
12-10-2008, 01:18 PM
Also - he may be hanging out at the heater due to not enough hiding spaces. Do you have plenty of places where he can go that aren't already inhabited? I don't know a ton about Dojo's but - loaches online says 77* is MAX so I guess you can get away with it. Definitely get more of them (in their own tank or your current one)- they like to be in groups and he would much prefer some 'friends'. Is your tank big enough to have more than 2? They do get pretty big. They are a pretty fish!

Wild Turkey
12-10-2008, 02:39 PM
I agree with a coldwater tank. Best option for them, makes things easier (what happens when ur fish get ich and you want to turn up the heat?, etc)