PDA

View Full Version : Java Moss and Beyond!!!

betta_Mike
12-10-2008, 01:30 AM
So considering my bulbs have been dropping like flies, i thought it would be good to start checking out my options. Java moss sounds really cool, but I've read that other mosses are sometimes labeled and sold as java moss when they are not. Coincidentally enough while reading up on Java moss I came up on a cool online article. Those thinking about planting moss, whom are already planted moss, and those who like to learn thumbs2: should check out this link. Hope you like it :19:

http://www.killies.com/Truthaboutmosses.htm

lovleeko
12-10-2008, 02:14 AM
Here is a good link to using java moss in betta jars bowls tanks etc. http://www.bettatalk.com/java_moss.htm

Interesting link you posted. I just bought some today. I think already told you that. Anyway, it is a pretty convincing argument for java moss in the betta tank.

betta_Mike
12-10-2008, 02:30 AM
whoa cool! Looks like pretty great stuff. Seems idiot proof too, which will be great for me haha. Can't wait to check it out! :18:

lovleeko
12-10-2008, 03:05 AM
Yeah I know. Again, I really love the way it looks. I keep staring at their tanks. :19:

Oh hey noticed you were in newport news. One of my best friends lives there. Their in the navy. Isn't everyone there in the navy LOL:hmm3grin2orange:

betta_Mike
12-10-2008, 03:40 AM
Yeah I know. Again, I really love the way it looks. I keep staring at their tanks. :19:

Oh hey noticed you were in newport news. One of my best friends lives there. Their in the navy. Isn't everyone there in the navy LOL:hmm3grin2orange:

Haha yup I certainly am:19: . I go to school at CNU. And its either the navy or airforce XD take your pic lol.

qwerty
12-23-2008, 07:23 PM
Haha yup I certainly am:19: . I go to school at CNU. And its either the navy or airforce XD take your pic lol.
Id go for navy but then none because canadas a free country thank god:19:

Corndawg
12-23-2008, 10:08 PM
Been looking into this myself. I have been trying a couple different types of bulb also, and they just end up getting water mold (?) and never sprouting anything. So I think Im done with those! Gonna have to check out the LPS and see if they have any live plants.

PS
Does anyone know if the water mold means that the bulb is bad?

betta_Mike
12-24-2008, 01:41 AM
Been looking into this myself. I have been trying a couple different types of bulb also, and they just end up getting water mold (?) and never sprouting anything. So I think Im done with those! Gonna have to check out the LPS and see if they have any live plants.

PS
Does anyone know if the water mold means that the bulb is bad?

Id give it a squeeze. Ive heard if it feels soft chances are its a dud. However if it is firm then you should be ok. But to answer your question if "water mold" is present then the bulb more than likely will be soft as well and may even smell a bit. I had the same problem XD.