PDA

View Full Version : Goldfish Splashing

labnjab
12-09-2008, 11:24 PM
Our goldfish have been splashing more and more often lately. I can hear it in the other room as I type this, but when I go to see what their doing, they stop, and will never start up again until we leave the room. In fact, they never do it when were in the room. Its doesn't seem to be health related as they swim around fine and are a bright in color as ever, and will only do it when the room is empty (like their kids and doing something their not suppose to, lol), but I've been curious as to what they are doing and has anyone else noticed this kind of behavior before in goldfish?

Northernguy
12-12-2008, 03:53 PM
Set up a video camera so you can see whats going on!thumbs2:

nooodles
12-16-2008, 05:47 AM
It's like when you're little and you wonder what your toys do when you leave the room haha.

set up a camera. and post the video :ssmile:

Corndawg
12-16-2008, 05:50 AM
My shubunkins will do the same thing. Well one of em does. I know its him because when he eats hes gotta just about fly outta the water. I can never catch him doing it tho. Thought about the video camera idea myself.

labnjab
12-17-2008, 04:51 PM
I wish I had a camera I could set up. I caught a quick look and it looks like my oranda is attacking (or trying to eat something) the HOB filter output, but they stop as soon as I enter the room. I've even tried sneaking around the corner, and they somehow know I'm there. Their very smart fish, lol

korith
12-17-2008, 06:08 PM
I wish I had a camera I could set up. I caught a quick look and it looks like my oranda is attacking (or trying to eat something) the HOB filter output, but they stop as soon as I enter the room. I've even tried sneaking around the corner, and they somehow know I'm there. Their very smart fish, lol

They are attacking the turbulence maker!