PDA

View Full Version : skunk loaches? Is it true very agrressive????

LORENZO
12-09-2008, 11:24 AM
:goldfish: :fish: Can a skunk live with clowns that is the question? The fishstore here has brought in a bunch so i am just wondering. How active are these guys compared to the do jo loach?

donvichu
12-09-2008, 03:57 PM
skunk loaches are pretty aggressive its always suggested to be kept in group of 5 or more........they are pretty aggressive......they do well in a species only tanks or some other semi aggressive fishes..........

mac
12-10-2008, 12:11 AM
Hi,
These fish are very aggressive. And are much better suited to s tank just for them. Other wise you will have stressed and damaged fish in your tank.

These fish are like that Rainbow you had trouble with. Just very nippy, and pushy.

mac

KingFisher
12-10-2008, 12:18 AM
I have no trouble with mine, they do not bother any of my other fish. I have three skunks in my 55g and hardly ever even see them. All my other fish have perfect fins, no nipping at all. They do come out and zip around the tank and make clicking noises every so often, but usually stay hidden.

LORENZO
12-10-2008, 12:22 AM
:goldfish: :fish: oh well i won't touch them. Just add more harlequins then they are very peaceful. Like the water acidic so they are fine. I have so many cats i suppose i should not disturb them. Thanks. But what cuties they are. oh there they were all swimming about.

mac
12-10-2008, 03:00 AM
Hi,
It is quite strange, that your Skunks are nice King-Fisher. But I do understand that from time to time fish can be odd. Like CAE being very peascful, and Bettas not being nipped by a Red-Tail Shark. I just guess it is more than likerly the luck of the draw with these fish.

But I do know one thing that Skunck's can be overly aggressive. When i saw them in a large 50 gallon tank I was shocked by how fast and nippy they where. That is why I never bothered to by them.

mac

LORENZO
12-10-2008, 11:15 PM
thinking of loaches how big can yo yo get???? Mine are plump now. oh just about 3 inches. Very quick though much more active than clowns.

KingFisher
12-10-2008, 11:24 PM
Hi,
It is quite strange, that your Skunks are nice King-Fisher. But I do understand that from time to time fish can be odd. Like CAE being very peascful, and Bettas not being nipped by a Red-Tail Shark. I just guess it is more than likerly the luck of the draw with these fish.

But I do know one thing that Skunck's can be overly aggressive. When i saw them in a large 50 gallon tank I was shocked by how fast and nippy they where. That is why I never bothered to by them.

mac
Perhaps it has to do with the environment inside the tank. Maybe because mine is a heavily planted tank with tons of hiding spots, they feel more comfortable and are less aggressive than they would be in a different set-up. I cannot say why for sure, I can only relate my own experience keeping them.

mac
12-10-2008, 11:28 PM
HMM,
that is what I find to be very strange.

The best environment apparently for these fish is in a fast flowing river bio type with sand rocks. So it is set up for them to burrow. In other words just the same as their home land.

It is very odd. But it dose not matter. Your having great success with them and that is all that matter?

mac

LORENZO
12-10-2008, 11:52 PM
:goldfish: :goldfish: :goldfish: they have to have that water flow.... and they love the xp 3. oh give them pipes to hide in. They are social though one won't be happy only a group. What is the difference between the yo yo and the zebra..is one more yellowish.soo much fun to watch these fish are.