PDA

View Full Version : What do you feed your dogs/puppies???

xximanoobxx
12-06-2008, 11:16 PM
Hey everyone,
I'm just wondering what everyone is feeding their dogs and their puppies. Right now I'm feeding Canidae Grain-free both my chihuahua and my Basset Hound puppy.

MCHRKiller
12-07-2008, 01:08 AM
Royal Canin MAXI German Shepherd formula...he has that available at all times to free-feed, and then in the evenings when Im making me dinner Ill make him some rare beef cubes and throw in a little bit of fresh veggies and mix that with his dry food :)

xximanoobxx
12-07-2008, 02:39 AM
Nice, well I just changed my dog food today since i'm all out of my canidae and I'm doing rotations and stuff...Now I'm feeding Innova EVO Red Meat...
They are liking it right now :D

abaigael04
12-07-2008, 12:55 PM
EVO- usedto feed raw which it were more convenient I still would be.

LORENZO
12-07-2008, 01:16 PM
Time some Natural Choice if you can get it there. Feeds these pooches well. Good stuff.

kaybee
12-07-2008, 02:02 PM
Royal Canin Bulldog formula and Eukanuba.

Wild Turkey
12-07-2008, 02:06 PM
Pedigree, for no particular reason really.

Maggie loves anything thats HOT! She likes jalapeno chips and chicken soaked in hotsauce as a treat...

Before you say "cruel" ...she licks the plate clean, im not tricking her into eating it, she loves it! And shes a picky eater too..no pit bull that will eat anything.

I checked with the vet he said its fine in moderation, if thats what she wants, give it to her, as long as it doesnt give her the runs. :)

Weird dog...

Fishguy2727
12-07-2008, 03:00 PM
I feed Nutro Natural Choice. There is actually a post in my blog comparing the ingredients of most of the most popular brands. The Nutro Natural Choice is better than Science Diet, Eukanuba, (and both of these companies' natural lines), Pedigree, Purina, and Iams. Anyone on any of these should reconsider. The first one I am not familiar with but the others (Evo, Innova, and Royal Canin) are all great options.

Northernguy
12-07-2008, 04:48 PM
I like Nutrience dry food to my dog.Its a really good food!
I used to use IAMS but after what they did to my dogs,NEVER AGAIN!

LORENZO
12-07-2008, 06:58 PM
Natural Choice is a very good food. Fishguy2727 yes not full of fillers. Very good food for you dog.I give mine some fresh veggies every day. oh some ground beef during the week. Two feedings of that. But you can't go wrong with Natural Choice!!! The best out there.:fish:

MCHRKiller
12-07-2008, 08:53 PM
Its amazing how some of the former so called great pet foods are coming out to being really bad for your pet these days. I used to feed my dog Iams because my vet who I trusted said it was one of the best. Till that whole contamination thing came around of course. My cat has developed feline diabetes due to dry cat food being nothing but carbs, and we were feeding her perscription food from the vet for urinary tract health as she had some bladder stones in the past.

Allecto
12-07-2008, 11:19 PM
Their absolute favorite is Natural Balance lamb rolls.

Natural Balance allergy products are the only reason way one of my poor beagles can stay a healthy weight without losing all her hair!

It is supplemented a lot, though, with a variety of things. They love eggs, frozen carrot sticks, or chicken as treats. A little plain yogurt and/or sour cream at least once a week. And we're always looking for new, healthy Kong recipes to provide entertainment for them.

Not that I never let them eat junk food. Once in a while they'll get a cheese stick, a Purina Busy Bone, and my little brothers always buy them Beggin' Strips for Christmas. I let myself have soda or a brownie every now and then, I may as well let my furkids have their equivalent.

Poofaye C.
12-07-2008, 11:34 PM
Its amazing how some of the former so called great pet foods are coming out to being really bad for your pet these days. I used to feed my dog Iams because my vet who I trusted said it was one of the best. Till that whole contamination thing came around of course.
You ain't kidding, that was a crazy scary time!!!! I was out of town when my girlfriend told me my little girl (my dobbie) was severly sick. She had the runs every day and was getting weaker every day. I almost cried knowing I couldn't return to her till my out of town work was finished. Really, really sucks not being able to get to your loved ones, even if they are just pets!!!

MCHRKiller
12-08-2008, 03:08 AM
I dont think they ever are just pets. I cant imagine how it felt knowing your dog was so sick and not being able to get there and do anything aboutit...must have been rough.

I know that my 15year old Maine Coon is as close to a sibling for me as any. My mom and I had her in and out of the vet every other day for about 2 weeks getting a diagnosis...he pretty much flat out said the dry cat food is what caused her diabetes because of its really high carb load. Seems if its not contaminated with something toxic its totally the wrong nutrition for them, sadly if I had more time Id take all my pets off pet food and start making them people food.

Poofaye C.
12-08-2008, 03:13 AM
You inspired me to come up with my own thread about that rough time and what feed was used. Check it out.

lovleeko
12-08-2008, 04:01 AM
My dogs eat premium edge. It is a good premium food at a more affordable price. I fed Innova for a while, but could no longer afford it. So we went with the premium edge. It really does wonders for them. They love it!

statenfish
12-08-2008, 05:49 AM
anything by merrick has always been great for my dogs. If you are worried about grain then they make a grain free formule called Befoe Grain. I recommend u try it

nooodles
12-08-2008, 06:07 AM
except for popcorn. He hates popcorn.

For meals though, he gets dry Natural Choice, for dinner we mix it in with whatever canned dog food was on sale last week and a little bit o water.

My chihuahau is OLD. between 12 and 17 now.. we don't know exactly how old because we adopted him.. but he's super healthy.. teeth are falling out but he eats well.

angelcakes
12-08-2008, 03:43 PM
i feed my pooch bakers complete dry food, he likes the rabbit and duck:19: