PDA

View Full Version : 3 different petcos to find a blue crayfish!

CephalopodLover
12-06-2008, 02:30 PM
Yesterday I went out looking for a blue crayfish. The first petco I went to didn't have any, second petco had a little card in front of the saying they had brown crayfish in the tank so I looked around but there was no crayfish! :scry: So I asked my mom if we could go to one more petco and she said yes! When we got there I ran over to where all the fish are looked and looked and then I looked down at one of the tanks I saw a little blue crayfish tail! I got so happy and I ran to go find my mom and I told her that I had found them and that I need one! :19: So we walked over to the tank and I picked out the one I wanted. One of them was moving around a lot so I picked him but when we got someone to come and get him she moved the rock they were all under and I picked a different one. She carefully put him in a cup inside the bag so that he would have something flat to be on. We went over to check out and I thought he would be $21 because thats what it said on the card but it turned out the crayfish were on sale so he was only $15! Then we had to go get some food so we went into a food store and everyone was looking at me because I had to bring him in with me. LOL After that I had to go get a little pot for him to hide in so we went to a hardware store and got him one. Everyone was looking at me there too!LOL When we got home I put him in a little 2 gallon with his pot. So far he is doing good! I'll post some pics soon!

William
12-06-2008, 02:42 PM
Congratulations on your new crayfish

CephalopodLover
12-06-2008, 02:43 PM
Thanks !!!

Sharon
12-06-2008, 03:31 PM
I'd love to see pics when he gets settled!thumbs2:

CephalopodLover
12-06-2008, 04:49 PM
I'll try and post them soon!thumbs2:

CephalopodLover
12-09-2008, 09:18 PM
Here are the pics! Sorry about how big they are ! I'm going to try and take some better ones soon!

Nobodynotime
12-09-2008, 09:22 PM
Don't let a pike cichlid near it! Freaking jerk of a fish....unbelievable. But still they are awesome! congrats

CephalopodLover
12-09-2008, 09:24 PM
Don't let a pike cichlid near it! Freaking jerk of a fish....unbelievable.
What???????

KrytterKrys
12-09-2008, 09:34 PM
im thinking he means that the pike will eat it...but since he's not in the same tank you should be fine :)

also congrats on finding one! i wanna get another one soon :)

CephalopodLover
12-09-2008, 09:39 PM
The cray is in a two gallon tank for now but he will soon have his own 10 gallon.

Nobodynotime
12-09-2008, 09:45 PM
Yeah my pike ate my sizable blue lobster last night before my very eyes...

CephalopodLover
12-10-2008, 02:29 PM
Thats crazy !:ssuprised:

CephalopodLover
12-28-2008, 02:55 AM
I got a ten gallon for X Mas so I set it up for him and he seems to be happy.:) I'll try and get some pics !

OscarFan
12-28-2008, 06:52 AM
Lucky I saw some at my lfs a while ago but now that i actually want one their impossible to find. Make sure to throw some snails in their every once in a while. Also some greens (lettuce, cucumber, etc). Also make sure the tank is crawfish proof. They will get out of anything. I would tape everything down and make sure its tight.

shockshockshad
12-28-2008, 03:13 PM
I agree with OscarFan. I once had a crayfish. After about 2 weeks of having him, he crawled up the out put of the filter, out the tank,and on the floor to the fridge (my dad said maybe the crayfish needed a beer). I didn't notice for a couple hours, so when i went downstairs to the tank and saw he was on the floor, he was pretty dry. I put him back in the tank, but it was too late. The next morning he was dead. Soooo...make sure your tank is crayfish-safe!

CephalopodLover
01-05-2009, 03:52 PM
I blocked all the ways he could get out. My other crayfish got out while I was away.

cer
01-05-2009, 03:54 PM
I have always wanted one.