PDA

View Full Version : krib

cocoa_pleco
01-24-2007, 01:17 AM
I have a tall tank with a krib. I was just wondering, what decor would he like? I have a couple of rocks set as a cave to hide in, but any other suggestions welcome.
What about a huge stack of rocks since its a tall tank?

Also, what tankmates would work for him? I guess theyre community guys and only pick on slow fish.

jeffs99dime
01-24-2007, 01:57 AM
I have a tall tank with a krib. I was just wondering, what decor would he like? I have a couple of rocks set as a cave to hide in, but any other suggestions welcome.
What about a huge stack of rocks since its a tall tank?

Also, what tankmates would work for him? I guess theyre community guys and only pick on slow fish.

yur best bet would be to stack up a lot of rocks or use a bunch of driftwood. what size tank? how many kribensis? what other species?

Drumachine09
01-24-2007, 02:02 AM
This just in, My local walmart, sadly, has begun to ATTEMPT to sell cichlids, and kribs. They are all sickly and weakly looking.

jeffs99dime
01-24-2007, 02:02 AM
that sucks

Drumachine09
01-24-2007, 02:05 AM
Yup. You should have to be a pet store to sell anything living.

jeffs99dime
01-24-2007, 02:07 AM
i totally agree! a non-corporate pet store

cocoa_pleco
01-24-2007, 02:08 AM
Fudge, i hate walmarts fish. They put oscars with mollies in a tank. Whats with that?
The krib is alone, but ill get another soon. Its a 20 tall tank, and i heard you can keep 2 in a 10g tank.

My wal-marts always sold cichlids at absolutely low costs. Oscars are 3 bucks! I still refuse to buy their fish so that they eventually stop selling them.
Their betta cups are no better.

jeffs99dime
01-24-2007, 02:09 AM
Fudge, i hate walmarts fish. They put oscars with mollies in a tank. Whats with that?
The krib is alone, but ill get another soon. Its a 20 tall tank, and i heard you can keep 2 in a 10g tank.

i wouldn't put 2 in a 10gallon. they get too big for a 10 gallon

cocoa_pleco
01-24-2007, 02:11 AM
yeah, but mines a 20, so it'll work. if I stack alot of rock, how often would I have to vacuum the gravel with the one krib?
It'll be a pain to remove all the rock.
I have a HOB filter on the tank also.

Drumachine09
01-24-2007, 02:16 AM

My wal-marts always sold cichlids at absolutely low costs. Oscars are 3 bucks! I still refuse to buy their fish so that they eventually stop selling them.
Their betta cups are no better.

Walmart always stocks their fish weird. I hate it.

jeffs99dime
01-24-2007, 02:17 AM
yeah, but mines a 20, so it'll work. if I stack alot of rock, how often would I have to vacuum the gravel with the one krib?
It'll be a pain to remove all the rock.
I have a HOB filter on the tank also.

a fair amount. if you do 2 kribs i would only keep them in the 20 gallon, especially since it's a 20high. not much of a footprint. i really don't think kribs would be very good in a 20high. the like to hang out near the bottom/ midl level and swim a lot. you definitley need ample hiding spots too!

cocoa_pleco
01-24-2007, 02:23 AM
AWWWWWWW... more work

hahahha. i guess if it makes him happy, ill get more slate and stack it.

cocoa_pleco
01-24-2007, 04:49 AM
i got alot of slate, and hes in his glory swerving and weaving allover!