PDA

View Full Version : Get outta my turf

Lady Hobbs
01-23-2007, 06:51 PM
LOL This goes on all day.

Why do juvie angels insist they must be with the larger one all day? If the larger one even moves, all 7 juvies are on her tail. Funny as heck to watch.

cocoa_pleco
01-23-2007, 07:58 PM
same with me! I had a large domestic angel with a smaller wild caught one, and:hmm3grin2orange: the wild one insisted to copying everything the domestic one did

Glasstapper
01-23-2007, 08:11 PM
that's just too cute. It's like the little one is looking to the bigger one as a mentor or something. Maybe your bigger one gives really good advice like "Listen young angel, when the human comes up to the tank, you must do a dance like this and the human usually drops some food in. It works 90% of the time". :) Hee hee!

Abbeys_Mom
01-23-2007, 09:42 PM
Great picture Hobbs :)

Lady Hobbs
01-24-2007, 01:25 AM
The larger one will put up with the 7 juvie's bugging her just so long then chases them to the other side of the tank. They flock around her all day and eventually get on her nerves. They sleep together all night but when daytime comes, it's "get outta here." Kinda like when I was dating. :)

jeffs99dime
01-24-2007, 01:50 AM
nice pic hobbs!!!!

jeffs99dime
01-24-2007, 01:51 AM
The larger one will put up with the 7 juvie's bugging her just so long then chases them to the other side of the tank. They flock around her all day and eventually get on her nerves. They sleep together all night but when daytime comes, it's "get outta here." Kinda like when I was dating. :)

what are you trying to say!? lol

crackatinny
01-24-2007, 02:19 AM
I've found the same with Silver dollars, but it looks great swimming in a school different sizes

Severus
01-24-2007, 04:28 AM
Very nice picture!

Lady Hobbs
01-24-2007, 05:02 PM
My SD grew like crazy the first 6 months I had them but the growth spurt has slowed right down. I try to see which are males and females but darned if they don't look identical. I can't tell one from another and usually fish have some sort of marking that distinguishes itself or different size or something.

Could be they are all the same sex, as well. I bought 9 Tetra's at once and never got fry from them either.

crackatinny
01-25-2007, 02:21 AM
My SD grew like crazy the first 6 months I had them but the growth spurt has slowed right down. I try to see which are males and females but darned if they don't look identical. I can't tell one from another and usually fish have some sort of marking that distinguishes itself or different size or something.

Could be they are all the same sex, as well. I bought 9 Tetra's at once and never got fry from them either.

I have read it has to do with the red on there fins, mine are all the same to, as for the growth, my 1st two tripled in size in the 1st few months, then slowed down, my second 2 are looking like doing the same.