PDA

View Full Version : Cuttlefish

AABatteries
12-02-2008, 10:49 PM
I was wondering if anyone on here has ever kept a cuttlefish? I think they're one of the coolest animals. I would love to keep one down the road after I get some SW experience. I know they are carnivores, and eat crustaceans.

Northernguy
12-02-2008, 10:57 PM
I was wondering if anyone on here has ever kept a cuttlefish? I think they're one of the coolest animals. I would love to keep one down the road after I get some SW experience. I know they are carnivores, and eat crustaceans.
They sure are bizarre looking!I guess anything with 3 hearts would be!

cocoa_pleco
12-02-2008, 11:01 PM
i had one about 5 years ago, cute little guys

CephalopodLover
12-02-2008, 11:07 PM
Hope this site helps!
You will find some good cephalopod info there!
I'm also a member of this site.
http://www.tonmo.com/index.php

Fishguy2727
12-02-2008, 11:16 PM
I just visited the National Zoo's Invertebrate House yesterday, talked to the guy about getting a job there. They have a tank with a few. They are extremely intelligent, just like all their close relatives. Fortunately they are not quite as active as the others though. The zoo breeds crayfish to feed to them for enrichment, the diet is mainly frozen foods. They had three that were about 3" long in a tank that looked to be about a 75, so they definitely need to be lightly stocked. All the cephalopods are very unforgiving of any issues, especially water quality. They are about to start a study on them. I can't remember every seeing any offered for sale as pets.

gm72
12-03-2008, 12:03 AM
Ultra cool looking animals. Unfortunately I've never kept them.

Cuttlefish. Every time I see that word I think of the Cuttlefish of Cthulu. Fellow Gwar fans will get it.

The Wedge
12-03-2008, 12:22 AM
Gwar are totally ridiculous...I love those guys. Primus sucks :) I used to feel like a Cuttle fish if this helps...but that was a long time ago!

AABatteries
12-03-2008, 02:06 AM
Yeah, cuttlefish are very smart. They can navigate mazes, push levers to release treats, and stuff along that line.

unleashed
12-03-2008, 03:49 AM
Are you sure you're not confused with octopuses?

AABatteries
12-03-2008, 12:37 PM
Nope, it was on this video/show thing I watched at school.