PDA

View Full Version : pidgeon Blood discus where to find?

LORENZO
12-02-2008, 10:25 PM
(zfish) (zfish) (zfish) Does anyone know if this is a rare find these day? I have not been able to get one here. OH i was looking on the web and oh my this fish! I did like the red sapphire does anyone have one? But a pidgeon blood oh it would make you want to go out there and get more discus tanks. These fish are like having a marine tank without the messsy set up. Northern guy have you the marine tanks? i think it was you. Can they be kept as clean as the freshwater tanks? i have never noticed filters in the salt tanks to be clean.

Fishguy2727
12-02-2008, 11:20 PM
I only buy from local shops. I have to see them in person first. And the process of going from breeder to wholesaler to LFS works as a culling process to ensure only the hardiest ones are the ones who make it the whole way, settle in, and start eating. I won't buy them if they haven't been in for a couple weeks, they have to be eating, and preferably already grown a little since they came in.

LORENZO
12-02-2008, 11:33 PM
(zfish) (zfish) [COLOR="Blue"] Are discus really okay to bring to the store to sell at two months? That would be a little young don't you think? I notice you have a 150 gallon tank how long is that? goldfish are kept in it are they? I would love to see a pic. Pidgeon blood well I won't be getting that soon. Unless i find a local person who breeds them. What a fish though that would be to add to the tank.

Fishguy2727
12-03-2008, 12:00 AM
I have a marine tank, they are easier than most people make them out to be as long as you do the research.

The 150 is 6' long. There are tons of pics of all my animals in my Photobucket page (link in signature).

LORENZO
12-03-2008, 12:04 AM
now fishguy2727 if your tank is 6ft what is the depth...my 125 is 6 ft.... just wondering if i ever get another tank for discus.. yours must be just wider and a little deeper. A 180 would look good in here. Discus here are all in a frenzy tonight. Where is this bucket you are referring to? photobucket was it? I did post pics of my discus in the gallery. Those toad pics are soo cute. Well really good photography.

Fishguy2727
12-03-2008, 12:27 AM
Photobucket.com is an image hosting website. The link to my page is in my signature.

My 150 is 6' long, 18" wide, and about 28" tall.

I don't know why but the signature does not always show up, scroll up to previous posts in this thread to see my signature, then just click on the link to my Photobucket page. And now that I edit it, it shows my signature in this one. I think it is based on post length. Now this post is long enough.

LORENZO
12-03-2008, 11:50 AM
[COLOR="Red"]Hellooo morning. So your tank would be about just 4inches taller than the one I have. I suppose the 180 is a little wide and the height of your tank. Never enough tanks. I am watching clowns now all seven of them going nutters over pellets. What a sight. I have to find out how to put the pic right here under what I write. OH your pics are good all those things to look after. Did i see guinea pigs or rabbits. But i can't get over those Green little froggies newts and golds.

Fishguy2727
12-03-2008, 12:52 PM
Those are guinea pigs.

A 180 is 6'x2'x2'.