PDA

View Full Version : Cool transformation!

Nobodynotime
12-02-2008, 07:04 PM
I have 2 long finned zebra danios and on friday night I added 4 long finned leopard danios to try and get a little school going. Not only did the two groups school together... the zebra danios have almost completely changed their look to match the leopard danios! Its great. They have lost the horizontal stripes on their side which is now covered in spots exactly like the leopard danios. The only way I can tell them apart now is the original L. Danios have a greenish color to their fins. Just thought I'd share, has any one else had a similar experience?

Northernguy
12-02-2008, 07:13 PM
I have 2 long finned zebra danios and on friday night I added 4 long finned leopard danios to try and get a little school going. Not only did the two groups school together... the zebra danios have almost completely changed their look to match the leopard danios! Its great. They have lost the horizontal stripes on their side which is now covered in spots exactly like the leopard danios. The only way I can tell them apart now is the original L. Danios have a greenish color to their fins. Just thought I'd share, has any one else had a similar experience?

This thread really needs pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:19:
It would be nice to see something like that!

Nobodynotime
12-02-2008, 07:18 PM
This thread really needs pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:19:
It would be nice to see something like that!

I know I've tried! These little buggers never stand still! It like trying to catch bigfoot. I will try my best but my little point and shoot does not capture the image in time! I'll try tonight when they might be sleeping or something.

NickFish
12-02-2008, 08:57 PM
I know I've tried! These little buggers never stand still! It like trying to catch bigfoot. I will try my best but my little point and shoot does not capture the image in time! I'll try tonight when they might be sleeping or something.
Try cranking your ISO all the way up. If it goes past 400 it will be much easier to get a clear shot. Sometimes they'll just have a little picture of a guy running too.

That's very interesting, I'd love to see it!

jd6405
12-04-2008, 03:12 AM
WOW! What neat thing! I agree that pictures are needed!!!

Mvjnz
12-04-2008, 05:59 AM
How weird. I have a zebra danio with 3 leopard danios and they all look distinctly different.

But of course they school together, they are the same species:)

Wild Turkey
12-04-2008, 01:33 PM
Also never heard of this before! Amazing, cant wait to get an eye full of that.:19:

Northernguy
12-04-2008, 01:59 PM
This has helped out a few members here and maybe you as well!
It will help you get the right pic hopefully!http://www.stopactionphoto.net/Photoprimer.html

Nobodynotime
12-04-2008, 04:38 PM
Ahh I havent read that on yet...I've been trying to get a good shot just not working out!

Northernguy
12-04-2008, 04:45 PM
Ahh I havent read that on yet...I've been trying to get a good shot just not working out!

I still take a couple of hundred shots trying to get that 1 good one!:c3:

Nobodynotime
12-04-2008, 04:49 PM
Yeah I know its a pain! Im sure ill get one soon tho

Northernguy
12-04-2008, 04:53 PM
Yeah I know its a pain! Im sure ill get one soon tho
The best time to take pics is when you can darken the room and turn off anything that will give a reflection in the tank.At night!
Try a few of the tricks posted in the primer.I also try never to use a flash.

Crispy
12-04-2008, 11:58 PM
I still take a couple of hundred shots trying to get that 1 good one!:c3:

yeah, me too, I sort through 40 pics to find a couple good ones... I'm getting a 10 megapixel camera for xmas, so we'll see if that improves the photos...maybe take some video too. :goldfish: :fish: