PDA

View Full Version : phosphates and wardley shrimp pellets

LORENZO
11-30-2008, 08:19 PM
What are the fillers in that wardley shrimp pellet food? IT does create a phosphate problem and you end up with BROWN algae! I chaned my pellets to omega I noticed a difference. But today I bought some HBI so I will see what they are like. What is the best shrimp pellet out there? Tetra?

korith
11-30-2008, 08:25 PM
Not sure what the filler is in wardley, I think its wheat/corn filler but could be totally off. I switched to hikari instead of wardley. What I did was compare %'s of each ingredient in each, then went with hikari. Lots of reviews and forum discussions seem to hold hikari as a better product over wardley.

Lady Hobbs
11-30-2008, 08:34 PM
If you tank has recently been set up, that brown algae is diatoms. Unsightly stuff and I have it all the time due to high silicates.

LORENZO
11-30-2008, 08:41 PM
Not sure what the filler is in wardley, I think its wheat/corn filler but could be totally off. I switched to hikari instead of wardley. What I did was compare %'s of each ingredient in each, then went with hikari. Lots of reviews and forum discussions seem to hold hikari as a better product over wardley.

(zfish) Yes I think Hikari would be better. I am not using anymore Nutrifin pellets either. I am going to go with the top foods now and try and stick to them. I have ordered some tetra colour bits for the discus.thanks.

LORENZO
11-30-2008, 08:45 PM
If you tank has recently been set up, that brown algae is diatoms. Unsightly stuff and I have it all the time due to high silicates.
:fish: NO this is a long time set up. But I still get some brown algae and it gets on the slate rocks. hmm I stopped using Nutrifin sinking pellets and that has made a difference but I still get some. Maybe I have a high silicate reading. I did get alot of hair for the longest time and tried every fishy like a pleco to otto to siamese but the discus would not take to them. savages. But in my other tank the siamese took care of that hair algae really quickly the best eaters out there. I am going to for an experiment go with tetra brand and hikari and try and get some spectrum foods introduced. My arms are in shape from algae cleaning ... only in discus tank. i can't find any albino bristle noses here.